Please Help. Whats wrong here?

rem177

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey all,
Well, after the first 10 days of my 'diet' , I am feeling a little aggrivated. Ive lost a collosal 3 pounds......I have been running at least a mile every day. Some days 2 miles. Lifting weights a little every day. Been very good about eating. Ive only been having very tiny meals. The only things ive eaten are: honey nut cheeriors, cheese, no-fat yogurts, apples, carrots, chicken, cottage cheese, you get the picture. I cheated once, i had one hot dog with nothing on it. I stopped drinking pop all together. Im only having water now. But water gets tiring after awhile, and lately ive just been using those crystal lights...but thats fine, right?
Ive got enough willpower to lose weight, but i dont know what im doing wrong.
Question: Will eating nothing help lose weight fast? I know i need some protein, but say i have like 2 cheesesticks a day.....will that help? Today i have had a bowl of cheerios in the morning, thats it.

Please help me out. Im feeling very frustrated with how this is going.

There is a very easy way to lose what you need. Follow this exactly and you WILL lose 5 pounds a week.

Here goes - The zero carbohydrate diet:

Breakfeast - Lamb Chops - 1/2 to 1lb

Lunch - Lamb Chops - 1/2 to 1 lb

Dinner - Salmon - 1 to 1 3/4 LB.

With the meals - only drink water. Drink a lot of water during the day - You will need to as this diet is somewhat dehydrating. Don't drink anything except water. Drink only cold water.
Make it as cold as possible. This is the theory. Basically, water has no calories.
Cold water actually has negative calories. When you drink any liquid that is colder
that your body temperature, (normaily 98.6) your body must use up energy to bring
it up to your body temperature. That energy will burn calories. Don't eat anything between meals, and only eat 3 meals.

You can vary the diet, as long as you have no carbs. You can substitute hamburger meat (no bun - no ketchup - no lettuce and tomatos) or steak for the Lamb Chops. Most other types of meat are acceptable. Don't eat any organ meats (such as liver or heart) as they contain a few carbs. Also, stay away from hot dog, and or sausage products that contain added sugar. Ene if the package advertizes zero carbs, the sugar will affect your metabolism and interfere with the weight loss. For this diet, Fat is good - don't bother looking for "lean meats." When preparing, don't discard the fat.

You can substitute other fish for salmon - Try to keep to fatty fish, such as Tuna (whole fish - not processed - "tuna fish")

This extreme Atkins approach works - I have done it. It is a pretty somple science - If you follow it to the letter - you WILL lose 5 pounds a week.

There are however some drawbacks to this diet:

1 - Dehydration - No matter how much water you drink, you will always be thirsty. The
reason is that the large consumption of meat will cause the body to leach calcium. The
body will produce extra urine to get rid of the calcuim.

2 - Calcium loss - If you have any old bone or joint injuries that normally do not act up,
they will act up withing a few days of this diet. You might try calcium supplements. If
you do, let me know how it works out..

3 - Lack of energy. This will go away after 2 weeks or so, as your body adjusts to the
new diet, however it will be a problem in the beginning. The first few days will be the
worst. You can overcome this with Caffeine. Take Caffeine pills, or Guarana Pills (they
contain a lot of Caffeine.) Take up to 300 mg 2 to 3 x daily. Check with the
Guarana manufacturer to determine how much Caffeine (amounts vary) each mg of
Guarana has before performing your calculations. Instead of pills, you can simply drink
coffee - Remember -Black coffee only!! - No sugar - No Creme - No flavorings of any
kind. Don't overdo it - remember, 10 grams is the lethal limit. For an excellent website
regarding Caffeine - go here: http://coffeefaq.com/caffaq.html. You need to note - that
caffeine will intensify the dehydration and calcium loss.

4 - Constipation. This is to be expected - Along with no carbs comes no fiber. There are a
few ways to deal with this. Try the following. Drink a lot of COLD (The colder the better)
water with caffeine pills. Drink the water as fast as you can. This should have a
purgative effect. If this dosen't work, drink more water.

You could also try a product called Low Carb Clense (specifically Low Carb Clense 2 which
has magnesium to hydrate the bowels.

Good luck!

fuck the low carb diet. you need carbs to lose weight

if you really want to lose weight read on:

1. eat the foods you like but in smaller portions. or continue you diet but eat a little more
what your doing is losing muscle by starving your self
2. forget about junk food.
who needs it anyway?
3. tired of water? drink gatorade or any vitamin water
dont drink sodas!
4. keep excercising the way you are
cardiovascular and strenght traing are good
5. if you need energy, take a caffeine supplement( thats what they are for!)
can be found in weight loss supplements

you want to lose body fat, not water so eat foods that store water. i believe protein does the job.

Let me just say Dragon 50 what fucking a horrible diet.

Back to main point of the dicussion.
rem177 said:
Hey all,
Well, after the first 10 days of my 'diet' , I am feeling a little aggrivated. Ive lost a collosal 3 pounds......I have been running at least a mile every day. Some days 2 miles. Lifting weights a little every day. Been very good about eating. Ive only been having very tiny meals. The only things ive eaten are: honey nut cheeriors, cheese, no-fat yogurts, apples, carrots, chicken, cottage cheese, you get the picture. I cheated once, i had one hot dog with nothing on it. I stopped drinking pop all together. Im only having water now. But water gets tiring after awhile, and lately ive just been using those crystal lights...but thats fine, right?
Ive got enough willpower to lose weight, but i dont know what im doing wrong.
Question: Will eating nothing help lose weight fast? I know i need some protein, but say i have like 2 cheesesticks a day.....will that help? Today i have had a bowl of cheerios in the morning, thats it.

You sound so desparate to lose the weight. What is your goal? Why are you doing this?

It sounds like you're killing your body.

I just read your post again and seems like you are having serious issues with your weight or you just have no idea to how train and eat properly in terms of basics.

The diet is pathetic.

I like I said previously, your body is telling you your new regime of fitness and diet sucks.

BUt it seems like you are only indulged in losing weight quickly.

rem177 said:

Wow now I cant read well.

I just read this and couldn't think anything so damn stupid.

Plainly put, eating less = shutting down your metabolism. Best bet = find a pro athlete or Bodybuilder you want to look something like, look up their eating regimen, they're all over the internet, and eat what they eat.

Ted-P said:
Let me just say Dragon 50 what fucking a horrible diet.

Back to main point of the dicussion.

You sound so desparate to lose the weight. What is your goal? Why are you doing this?

It sounds like you're killing your body.

you want 100% honesty?

I'm fucking sick and tired of being out of shape and overweight. People try to use it against you, and i hate it. Ive always managed to take the insults....even though it always hurt bad....but very recently I met a girl i fell in love with. She flirts and hints, but i feel like this is keeping me from her. She is honestly a perfect girl for me. This isnt infatuation either, we know eachother from work, thats how i got to know her and vice versa.
Thats the main reason, I think appeal is a pretty common reason. I have older relatives who dont exactly eat healthy and exercise, and to see what things like diabetes and obesity can do to someone when they age, its scary. I had a kind of wakeup call, and said I needed to get out of it.

As for the diet changes, im open to it. But I need some more tips. I cannot eat fish, so there goes one of the main categories. What else can i get?

Wow............... a lot of work is needed. But I'm glad you're up for the change.

First we need honesty.

How was your diet before this and what do you think about your metabolism?

And exercise regime?

Mistake #2 = Expecting significat results in 10 days. 3lbs isn't that bad. If you've historically been overweight, or have been for longer than a year, you cannot expect to alter your slowed metabolism in less than 2 weeks.

Ted-P said:
Wow............... a lot of work is needed. But I'm glad you're up for the change.

First we need honesty.

How was your diet before this and what do you think about your metabolism?

And exercise regime?

I was living horribly.

Horrible diet, we had everything bad in the house.
Suger cereal for breakfast.....taco bell for lunch......pizza for dinner...that kind of thing. I would always have mints/pop during school.
Not into that many sports, only do snowboarding in the winter really. Ill play basketball w/ friends occasionally.
But im trying to change all that. Working on my cardio now.
As for metabolism....couldnt tell ya.
I was skinny as a young kid, then as a teenager i got more and more out of shape. Both of my parents are overweight, many of my relatives, and my dog .

3 lbs. in 10 days is FREAKING SPECTACULAR. You shouldn't lose more than 2 lbs. per week, so at 3 lbs. in 10 days, with your very healthy diet (it appears) you're on exactly the right track. Weight crashing almost always results in a radical rebound; low-carb diets are bungie cord plans.

I know you don't want to hear it, but that's how it is. Shame on you for getting out of shape. You can't expect to get back in shape in 10 days.

They way you are approaching it is wrong. It is good to hear that you are fed up with it thouh and that you have had your wake up call before a serious medical issue.

But anyways.

First of all. Start reading this forum. Read everything that sounds interesting page by page. Do a search of keywords that seem interesting to you "weight loss" "dieting" overweight" (you get the idea). Begin soaking up all the information.

You have to be patient man. If your expectations are reasonable and you are really serious about it, then you will find a lot of guys here that are knowledgable and will help you figure out a proper diet. But you got to take the first step of doing the basic research with all the information allready provided in all the threads.

There is no special trick to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. But with dedication and just a little bit of effort, you will be able to figure out a good diet to improve your weight and more importantly your quality of life.

The important is take it slow and stop trying to achieve everything through crash course style. And stop being unreasonable and miserable.

Don't expect quick results.

Now can you show us your lifting routine?

Ted-P said:
The important is take it slow and stop trying to achieve everything through crash course style. And stop being unreasonable and miserable.

Don't expect quick results.

Now can you show us your lifting routine?

thats the thing.
I dont have a routine or anything down really...

Ill just do 10 reps on one thing, go to another, and repeat.

So i could probably use advice on lifting.

keep it up.. i know its hard to say this now, but the way to fight being overweight is to never let it happen in the first place. Once you have been overweight, it will always be infinately harder to keep the weight off due to more fat cells than your average joe. 3 pounds in 10 days is really good man, dont get down on yourself, just keep it up. Props for the hard work, i have a roommate that i have been helping drop the pounds, so i know what your going through. Congrats on the chick too man, good luck with that.

try making slight changes at a time. you said you gave up soda. good. once you get used to not drinking soda, cut out everything w/ high fructose corn syrup. after that stop eating white flour, only eat whole grains. once you get used to that stop eating fast food. etc. etc.

before i started training i weighed 195 lbs and was not fat by anyones standards. by quitting soda and fast food (not including pizza, diners etc.. just BK,KFC and the such) i lost 15 lbs w/o changing my activity level. that around 10% body weight loss, what would that equal for you?

#1 way to get in shape............

TRAIN JIU JITSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

rem177 said:
thats the thing.
I dont have a routine or anything down really...

Ill just do 10 reps on one thing, go to another, and repeat.

So i could probably use advice on lifting.
Hey rem you know how to use PMs or do you have an AIM account or something?

Back