1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Please help, should i use fat stripper pills?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by ajp1985, May 3, 2008.

1. ajp1985 White Belt

Hi everyone,

I am trying to loose a bit of weight at the moment and am also trying to achieve a 6 pack, i was wondering should i use fat stripping pills in conjunction with running, abs workouts etc??

what are the good pills that work fast, or should i just stick to running and ab workouts ??

2. ivan-bam Guest

stick with the running and ab workouts!

3. Fozzy1 Guest

bodybuilding.com --------> that away.

~Foz

4. NoSmilez Silver Belt

the fat burners dont do anything for me. it just makes me feel warm and i cant fall asleep. i honestly wouldn't recommend it

5. ThePitBull32 Green Belt

I didn't know they made a pill for "fat strippers"

6. dfoster Banned Banned

Dude, I was expecting to see some fat strippers :(

7. SteMc White Belt

the perfect stag do present imo. bring 5 fat stripper pills with u on a night out, the fun never ends

8. wildman1717 Green Belt

Don't waste your money, diet and exercise is all you need. Save your money for good food, also there is no such thing as spot reducing.

9. -Jonny- White Belt

Quick fixes usually don't pay off one way or another. Put the work in and the fat will come off.

10. wvboy Brown Belt

There is no pill that can replace hard work. If you want to see your abs soon just workout harder and longer.

11. Justyn Riley Blue Belt Professional Fighter

yeah, no point in using a fat loss suppliment to suppliment your running and excercise. If we all had that kind of attitude, we'd find ourselves using other stuff like Protien mixes to suppliment our diet, or BCAAs to help build muscle. Next thing you know, you'll want to use stuff like Creatine and Gutamine, or maybe glucosamine b/c your joints hurt. I fell into a spiral years ago, taking these "One-a-Day" vitamins, I'm hooked now. Don't do it man.

12. M o A Banned Banned

Ive tried hydroxycut and can honestly say it doesnt do much, it doesnt make much difference in my experience, and its a real bummer if u take it after like 4 because it makes it real difficult to sleep at night.

That being said, just adapt to a sensible diet and train, nothing can beat that.

13. Jake Martin Amateur Fighter

I like you!

14. stewy37 Guest

I'm pretty sure they just go with Coke or Meth.

15. Graver Blue Belt

You can actually make a pretty decent fat burning pill at home. Order some empty gel caps online. Fill them with burpees and sprints. Take frequently with good diet. Voila, six pack in no time.

16. Cydewynder20 Green Belt

I find EC to be effective, but I believe it's mostly because it blunts my appetite, making me eat less. I'm not sure the actual thermogenic effects are significant.

17. BPA00 Black Belt

Diet and exercise are the best way to do this. Most people are just too lazy and/or lack the self control to exercise and eat healthy.

As for fat burners, I haven't had any luck with them since they quit putting ephedra in them.

18. Bucketbot Blue Belt

Nice! that is without a doubt one of the best quotes that i have heard in some time!

19. Bucketbot Blue Belt

Dude save your money! "Fat stripping pills" will do nothing for you...

Long story long...supplements (such as those that you are talking about) are not regulated by the FDA (or whatever your fedal regulation body is referred to). Now regardless of your thoughts on the FDA/government, at the very least the FDA ensures that the claims made by drug companies are true. Read as: if you say your pill can lower BP, than it damn well better lower blood pressure!

Now supplments on the other hand (such as fat strippers/burners) fall under the supplements act, so as long as companies do not make specific disease claims (such as "can cure type 2 diabetes", "can lower your BP") companies can legally make what ever unsubstatiated claims that they want to (read as "boosts your immune system" or "strips/melts fat away).

So what am i trying to tell you. Lord only knows what you are getting when you but "fat strippers" (damn that sounds funny:icon_chee) and in what quantity/quality you are getting it!
    Even if the pills you get contain what it says that they are suppose to on the label, i can damn well bet you that they will not do anything!
    For reasons i will not go into (read as...it will take too damn long to type out)...there is no such thing as "fat stripper/melting" pills...

So save your money and by yourself a good pair of running shoes!

And with a quote like:
    "Pain is just a weakness leaving your body"
    in your profile...you should not be looking for the easy way out anyway:icon_chee

Just remember
    "There is no easy way out. There is no short cut home"

Sorry...i just finished watching Rocky the other day!:icon_chee

20. PunchDrunK White Belt

Fish Oil
    Multi Vitamin
    Vinnegar
    Low Carb Intake
    Weight Lifting
    Running.

This Concoction will "Melt" the Fat right off. It worked for me, I went from a keg to a 6 pack in 6 months. I lost 15 lbs of utterly disgusting FAT.