Please Help Me, so sick of being me and myself

Welcome to the world of sport, where you ignore the pain and enjoy the glory!! Get a diet, start running/lifting weights and see a doc for your injuries, there is no other advise anybody can give you, the way you end up depends on you and you only, nobody else can put in the work!

There's some good caring advice here. Don't give up TS. Find the right people to be around, learn all you can. Things may take time, but you can get there.

There's some good caring advice here. Don't give up TS. Find the right people to be around, learn all you can. Things may take time, but you can get there.

That's strange, considering ..
TF, it's near impossible to just have a polite conversation in f13. That's a difficult thing here. Make one statement that's not in line with the groupthink and get ready for the insults to start flying your way. There is more venom in this subforum than anything I've ever seen on the web. There's a few that would probably like to discuss but it's hard when every thread gets turned into what you see here. Not your fault TF, just know that you're chatting with adults that still act like they're in junior high.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f13/arthrogenic-muscle-inhibition-2560435/index4.html

You've made the first step in recognising that you want to make a change.

1. Fix diet - visit the Diet and Supplements forum.

2. Start with light cardio and build your way up, you don't want to overtax your body, injure yourself, and lose motivation.

3. Start a beginner strength program. Again, start very very light (with the empty bar)

4. Start a training log on this forum - people will follow your progress and encourage you. This will help you remain accountable to yourself and others.

5. If money allows, visit a physio or sports therapist or some such, identify any structural problems that are causing injuries and pain to your back and knee and rehabilitate and prehabilitate these issues.

Carrying extra weight could potentially stress your back and knees.

Keep your chin up and embrace any setbacks. This thing is a marathon not a sprint. That said, progress begets more progress.

Hi everyone, I officially hate being me and I really need some help.

My knees hurt, my back really hurts all the time, I'm incredibly inflexible, I'm overweight, and I have terrible cardio.

I love jiu jitsu but have a really hard time doing it because of the conditioning my body is in.

I really need help to change around. I can't live like this anymore. just don't know where/how to start, i've read all of the FAQ but I was just seeing if anyone was in my position, and what they did and how they did it.

Have you considered M.T.F.U pills?

Start with walking, swimming, and stretching. They are all good exercise and they are easier on your body than higher impact exercises.

It won't take long to feel and look better if you have a decent diet. Our bodies were meant to move. It will remember.

Back