please help me out

viruswitshoes

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
i've been training consistently for about 4 months now and I've seem to hit a wall.

I'm fatigued, not losing weight, and pulling muscles every week after my bjj classes.

When i started, I was 220 lbs. I'm only 5'9" so i felt really overweight. After about 2 months of training, I lost 16 lbs but have not lost any since. In the last few weeks or so, I have also noticed fatigue and lack of recovery in my muscles.

I have improved on the impact of my workouts. Before, I would just do some light cardio and then do some strength training. I would do this 2-3 times a week.

Now, I workout every other day, usually something different each day. Some days I weight train, some days I hike, some days i do circuit training, and bjj 1-2 times a week.

I guess my question is that I'm having a hard time keeping up with my nutrition. I really want to be able to support this kind of routine with proper diet and supplements, but i'm having a hard time with it.

My goals are to lose about 20 more lbs.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. i'm really trying to train like an athlete would and not as a casual hobby.

btw, i'm 29 years old.

If you really want to lose weight you must up your cardio. If nutrition is a problem for you make a list of foods that are only beneficial to achieving your goal do not buy anything else. I find it easier to pre make my meals in advance that way they are ready to eat if your short on time and keep you from eating something else. It is really important to stretch before and after you exercise to avoid muscle pulls and strains. Also how is your water intake it is very important.

i actually eat pretty healthy, ie greens, no sugar, no bread/pasta

For your issue w/ pulling muscles after bjj, stretch more often.

stretch, and you may be lacking energy because you are not eating bread, are you lacking carbs? what do you eat for carbs?

You say "weight training" and "circuit training" and your idea of "weight training" could be completely different than mine. For anyone's advice to have any merit we would have to know EXACTLY what kind of excercise you do in a given week, and what you eat to fuel those workouts.

Write down all of that info over the next week then come back with some specifics and I'm sure someone cn help you out.

Back