Please help Gum sheild qwuestion ?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by garryd, Sep 22, 2010.

1. garryd

garryd White Belt

Guys need some advise..
    I have recently had some dental work done where i have had to have my front vernier/root removed that i had put on after cracking my tooth off in a fight ten years ago and i have had to have the odd tooth removed at the sides ...i have had a metal plate made with the missing teeth on and it ... it fits fine and i look handsome again lol

But now a stock mouth guard from over the counter wont fit my un level bite obviously i have been trying to fit new sheilds with my metal plate out but i just cant get one to sit right or hold on now more teeth are missing ...any ideas guys ?? will i have to one made up some place ?? and how would that cost ?
    Cheers G

2. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

I am assuming you have what we used to call, a partial plate, that is removable. Something like Dan Henderson wears. And, you want to remove the partial during training, but can't find an over the counter boil and bite, that will give you a decent fit, with the plate out?

Sports Guards International (aka Gladiator Mouthguards) makes real nice customs for prices starting just above a B&B from your local sports store. The have three levels, and most people use the mid level "Pro" model or the upper level "Elite" model. The Pro model is the one that most people seem to prefer, and they are $50.00. Turn around time is generally very fast at about one week. A second guard later on if you keep the molds they return to you is 50% off the list price.

If you want something that has super nice graphics, in addition to a top of the line mouthguard, Python Mouthguards is probably the place to go. I hope this helps.

Ps. Where ever you decide to buy, be sure you let them know about the special circumstances around your dental condition. Good luck!

:icon_chee

3. garryd

garryd White Belt

Thanks for that mate :icon_chee