Please have a look at my Android app for scoring Jiu-Jitsu matches

FightAll

White Belt
Reaction score
I developed free Android app for scoring Jiu-Jitsu matches and would love to know what sherdogers think.

Long story short user can record video of the fight and as the recording goes on, assign/deduct points. Video will be stored on device and can be replayed later with points appearing as the fight is being played. That's the gist of it and few screenshots are included below.

Now, I had done lots of testing but there are so many different android devices and obviously I couldn't test it on all so if something doesn't quite work please let me know.

I would love to know what to improve, what are the problems and any suggestions would be much appreciated. I was trying to make app as simple and as usable as possible but if you think navigation could be made easier please let me know.

I really hope that someone will find this app useful and thank you all for any help and suggestions!

Link to google play is below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS5maWdodGFsbGdpLnRhcHRoYXRhcHAiXQ..

BTW I apologise if I posted this in wrong forum so moderators, feel free to move it to more appropriate place.

uqGunIDLpLPu80I5mpc5A9_9ZdoHy1duwkBg-W796fZ5BSBWvBKJEjVk6kHc4bgJURiW

yVac7fXJ3keNirYH5EHNwGBmZqj5Wvei515kR8tJfrb0mvVEsDiSs6JMLoMXHi-8bKg

4P5s8R87m0-4R8ytvxxqGM0E7EVi0pOpdEEDhBEI9ds5HmlQqLqWHozMMcTIJsx7Zg

FSs6MiEGhC0_4YKYkrfeE2eK1DsjF2KuGayGB7SgK-chqVdcxI45ZHqv4wgbRX81Ohp0

That actually looks really cool, I will download it once I am on my Phone :)

I don't know if you have included or it is too complicated it but a cool feature would be for the app to have a scroll where you can see where the points were scored and jump to that portion of the match (15 secs before).

Looks cool.

I don't know if you have included or it is too complicated it but a cool feature would be for the app to have a scroll where you can see where the points were scored and jump to that portion of the match (15 secs before).

Looks cool.

great minds think alike ;).. I thought it would be cool too so its already included, jumps to 3 seconds before the score (I think I set it 3 secs. or 5 maybe.. don't remember...), its the yellowish right/left arrow buttons on player screeshot I included.

Just downloaded! I'll play around with it when I'm off work.

if you could add fatalities and babalities it would sell like hotcakes

Don't you know that BlackBerry 10 is going to steal the show in the coming months?

Looks awesome! The only thing i could add would be deducting an advantage incase you accidentally hit the button

Looks awesome! The only thing i could add would be deducting an advantage incase you accidentally hit the button

glad you like it :) There is "UNDO" button available at the bottom of the screen, once clicked removes last added score, may it be advantage, point, deduction etc. You can "UNDO" one by one all the points if you wish and these will be also removed from the "path" shown above undo button.

This is really, really cool.

Well done.

Samsung Galaxy S2.

Recording and and points worked flawlessly. Playback though... not so much. Everything green and squiggly, kinda like when you were 12 and trying to watch dirty channels late at night but they wouldn't come through right

Samsung Galaxy S2.

Recording and and points worked flawlessly. Playback though... not so much. Everything green and squiggly, kinda like when you were 12 and trying to watch dirty channels late at night but they wouldn't come through right

Thank you so much for having a look, I was kinda expecting Galaxy SII to have problems as Samsung had done their video recording in a very non standard way and I don't actually have access to Galaxy SII for testing :(

Funny thing is that SIII works fine just SII seems to have issues.

Anyway, I'm working on it right now and hoping for some sort of a fix soon. Till then if you can try to switch to LOW quality video that might help. You can change it via setting in menu Recording quality -> Low quality. I know its not perfect solution but better than nothing till the fix comes out.

Samsung Galaxy S2.

right, I made changes and hope that would help the issue you have with you SII. update is available from GooglePlay now. Let me know if it records fine in default quality setting now or you still having problems. Like I said I have no access to Samsung Galaxy SII so cannot test myself but I hope it will help. Thanks again for your help!

right, I made changes and hope that would help the issue you have with you SII. update is available from GooglePlay now. Let me know if it records fine in default quality setting now or you still having problems. Like I said I have no access to Samsung Galaxy SII so cannot test myself but I hope it will help. Thanks again for your help!

Well, I tested it again. This time had even less success. Recorded the first video and went to play it back. Got a "There was an error with the video file" message and it didn't even show a thumbnail in the list. So I tried to record again, but this time it didn't save the file at all. So I switched from HD to SD in the settings to try. Once again, would not save the file I recorded. Uninstalled and reinstalled, trying all previous efforts again only to wind up with the same results.

*edit* I did update before the initial retrys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back