Please give me an easier fight like Conor McGregor

I think its a reaction, conors confidence makes them think they have to act the same way but its a trap.

Been thinking about why Eddie said this and acted like Conor was a nothing fighter with interview with Ariel

Did he really believe Conor was a bad fighter or was he just looking for a paycheck ?

Even all the pundits were saying Conor had no chance

Is it just pure hatred towards Conor or do these people really not see how good Conor is ?

View attachment 181903

He'd never fought in LW in the UFC and was going up against the champion. Furthermore, he was tapped out by a journeyman lightweight two fights before. It's not unreasonable that people would favour Eddie Alvarez.

I think he believed it. Not that it would have mattered.

Even after all this time they're still taking him lightly.

Been thinking about why Eddie said this and acted like Conor was a nothing fighter with interview with Ariel

Did he really believe Conor was a bad fighter or was he just looking for a paycheck ?

Even all the pundits were saying Conor had no chance

Is it just pure hatred towards Conor or do these people really not see how good Conor is ?

View attachment 181903

I think it was both. Eddie in the post fight interviews seemed shocked how fast Conors hands were. And of course he wants a big pay day money is pretty nice to have

He'd never fought in LW in the UFC and was going up against the champion. Furthermore, he was tapped out by a journeyman lightweight two fights before. It's not unreasonable that people would favour Eddie Alvarez.
tapped out by a gracie bjj black belt nate taps eddie out aswell

Half of Sherdog thinks the guy who is 4-1 in his last five fights with wins over Chad Mendes, Jose Aldo, Nate Diaz, and Eddie Alvarez is unproven. His wins over both the FW GOAT and the LW champ were embarrassingly one-sided. McGregor ain't the best ever, but he's a damn good fighter.

You are completely right, I'm a McGregor hater, not a major one but I don't like him and have been rooting against him for a while, but I can acknowledge he is pure talent and he is damn exciting to watch. I think people who dislike him like me ignore his talents while focusing on his weaknesses, like: "Alvarez is going to wrestlefuck him to death and that's about it!" without considering he has the standup (and did) to KO Alvarez.

I think some part of him thought he'd be able to easily exploit Conor's wrestling, but most of the talk was just to sell the fight and get under Conor's skin. None of it worked of course.

That's it in a nutshell. And Eddie did a great job selling the fight. That "There is no Santa" line was fantastic.

I feel really sorry for the guy, because the backlash against him by the dweebs who latch onto whoever's fighting Conor next is gross and unfair.

Eddie's had the sort of career most could only dream of, and there's no shame in losing to Conor McGregor ffs.

24w7ouh.jpg

That's it in a nutshell. And Eddie did a great job selling the fight. That "There is no Santa" line was fantastic.

I feel really sorry for the guy, because the backlash against him by the dweebs who latch onto whoever's fighting Conor next is gross and unfair.

Eddie's had the sort of career most could only dream of, and there's no shame in losing to Conor McGregor ffs.

Well said. It's sad what happens to most of Conor's opponents. Haters try to discredit Conor's accomplishments and just end discrediting the warriors that fell to him in battle. Not one of those guys deserve that.

It gets funny though when one of those same haters will claim that they don't like Conor because he's disrespectful. That's when you know your dealing with a sharp one. On top of that, both sides get a financial reward for Conor selling the fight while these people do it because.... actually, I have no idea what makes these people tick. Something to do with their own insecurities most likely.

Why did you create this pointless thread?

Did you actually believe this needed to be discussed at this point? Or just trying to gather some likes from all the McGregor fans?

Fighters that say "easy fight" in such situation don't necessarily mean it. It potentially gets them two things: 1) Big payday 2) "I told you"(if they manage to win easily).

I think that Conor is deceptively good. His freakish reach really adds to that because he's able to hit guys with shots that like 99% of fighters can't from the same range.

However, I think that some people just can't handle the spotlight. Alvarez said on Chael's pod that he trained circling away from the left and spamming takedowns but in the fight he circled towards the left and went for one takedown in like 9 minutes.

Back