Please explain to me the difference between your approach to these two knockdowns:

Silva's knee didn't touch the ground. According to the rules, you score a knockdown when your knee touches the ground (at least in kickboxing and boxing, unsure about MMA).

I read a thread the other day that claimed Islam could box Mayweather because Islam is a better boxer than Khabib, whose obviously a better boxer than McGregor using that gif as evidence.

It's hard to know where stupidity ends and trolling begins these days.

I’ve only been posting actively for a week or so and I’ve already read a few corkers.

• Sherdogger believes he could beat Pacquiao in the ring because he’s 6’1
  • Sherdogger believes Conor could beat Pacquiao because of the weight differential.
  • Sherdogger believes punching power absolutely cannot be improved upon. You walk into the gym on day 1 and hit as hard as you’ll ever hit.
  • Khabib is scared of Conor, despite being currently lined up to fight the number one lightweight contender in Ferguson, and having already dominated Conor in their first fight.
  • Numerous Sherdoggers now believe Conor could beat Mayweather in boxing because he beat Cerrone in MMA.
I’ve now been sucked in and enjoyed a few posts trolling a poor bloke with my insistence that Fury would probably win via omaplata vs Stipe because of his long legs.

#shertard

<Gordonhat>

People also never play the full gif where Conor immediately gets up, fights back and they get into a back and forth that causes Khabib to back out and shoot.

giphy.gif

Conor was on the ground that round due to a takedown, not the knockdown.

It was a surprise moment, and Khabib wisely stopped pursuing striking with Conor.

giphy.gif

silva-rocked.gif

Why do use one to mock Conor, and understand the wrestling threat causing the knockdown in Silva's case?

Neither were knockdowns. The difference is that Silva won, Conor didn't.

The difference is the people posting the Conor GIF don't care about being wrong. They just want dumb asses to play the game.

giphy.gif

silva-rocked.gif

Why do use one to mock Conor, and understand the wrestling threat causing the knockdown in Silva's case?
Because Conor and his fanbase were talking a bunch of shit therefore people will revel in making him and his fans eat crow. Silva was not the trash talker there, it was Sonnen. And also Silva won the fight in the end.

Simple really, the manner when they were hit.

Silva had a response which failed, while Conor just offered his face. And in Conor's case, it was southpaw vs. orthodox, meaning Conor had more distance to watch out for the rear hand coming for him, and what he did was just flinch.

Reverse butt-scoot?

There were hundreds of posts mocking Silva for getting knocked down there, you know.

Back