Please critiqe my buddy's diet.

Ziltoid

In search for the Ultimate cup of Coffee
Reaction score
Thanks in advance guys. He sent this to me. You tell me whats wrong.

now..at about 170 lbs
Thinking about cutting off 10 more lbs then putting on like 15-20 lbs of muscle then cutting down another 5 lbs....what do you think?

more for cutting then ill up it when i want to bulk....

Meal 1(8 AM):i PRotein Shake..1 Scoop Whey/.5 cup oats(put in magic bullet with fat free/2% milk)
38g protein, 37g carbs
1 fish oil pill, 1 multivitamin, 2 green tea pills

Meal 2(10 AM)
8 eggs(3 whole, 5 whites), 2 slices white bread

Immediately postworkout(about 1-1:30pm)
Protein Shake..2 scoops whey,.5 cup oats in fat free/2% milk

2-2:30(1 hour later)
Chicken(50g protein), Veggies

4-4:30
Chicken(50g protein), 20 almonds/peanuts
1fish oil pill

7:30-8
Chicken(50g protein), 60 almonds/peanuts

10-11
Chicken(50g protein), 60 almonds/peanuts

Before Bed
Cottage cheese mixed with fit and active jelly

Wow, he needs more veggies. Tell him to eat veggies with every meal. PWO and PreWO it's not that big of a deal but those three chicken dinners he's eating need a lot of veggies -- spinach, broccoli, peppers, green beans, peas, etc.

fucking eh peanuts are for shore the nutritional keystone of every bulk AND cut cycle.

Berardi habits X infinity

How does he reckon to gain 15-20lbs of muscle, then cut 5lbs? What's the basis? What's the time frame? What else does he do? This is silly. Just eat right, mostly lift heavy weights because he's probably weak, and do some cardio on off days. It's not rocket surgery, it's weight lifting/sport training and eating veggies and protein, consistently, over a medium to long period of time. Not 2-3 weeks of bulking, not 3 months of bulking, just a lifetime of eating veggies and protein and lifting/training progessively.

Progressively - making progress. faster, heavier, in a shorter amount of time, more reps. etc.

WTF is active jelly?

Nuge:
I agree. I actually told him he should have some more veggies, thanks for your input.

Poi:
Thanks for your input as well. I have no idea why he wants to cut, bulk and cut again. I asked him the samething and waiting for an answer. He's not competing in any sports or anything so I have no idea why he is doing that. Anything else that might need some tweaking?

Send him the link for the FAQ in this forum and the S&P. The more he reads on his own the more he'll be able to understand and follow through long term.

After he gets through the huge pile of information. But the Berardi Habits are an excellent place to start.

I might also recommend red meat instead of chicken 4 times a day.

Oh, and white bread??

The most obvious has already been pointed out though - Veggies. Man, 140 almonds or peanuts, but only one serving of veggies?? lol

Oyagi, I'm guessing that Fit & Active is the name brand of a jelly he's adding to the cottage cheese for flavor. I add fat-free, no added sugar vanilla yogurt to mine.

Edit: Only 2 fish oil tabs a day? Unless they're pretty damn potent, I'd tell him to up that as well.

if he is trying to cut, i think he needs more veggies, and also i think he should substitute one of the meals with chicken for some lean red meat. Also i would increase the ammount of fish oil and scrap the white bread for whole-wheat flax bread. If he doesnt like the taste put a little bit of peanut butter.

Does anyone know if this is true? This is what he also told me.

EDIT: Actually I just looked it up and it says to be careful with consuming fats for PWO. Would still like some insight on this though. Much appreciated.

I was reading a book by Game over ..the cut diet, volume 3...and it says you should stay away from fats 4 hours from the gym? do you? says it slows down blood flow or something?

You don't want fat PWO. The workout itself mobilizies fat stores etc to be shuttled and released. Taking in fat at this time creates a traffic jam which over time will cause adipose tissue. Simple as that.

fucking eh peanuts are for shore the nutritional keystone of every bulk AND cut cycle.

Berardi habits X infinity

How does he reckon to gain 15-20lbs of muscle, then cut 5lbs? What's the basis? What's the time frame? What else does he do? This is silly. Just eat right, mostly lift heavy weights because he's probably weak, and do some cardio on off days. It's not rocket surgery, it's weight lifting/sport training and eating veggies and protein, consistently, over a medium to long period of time. Not 2-3 weeks of bulking, not 3 months of bulking, just a lifetime of eating veggies and protein and lifting/training progessively.

Progressively - making progress. faster, heavier, in a shorter amount of time, more reps. etc.

WTF is active jelly?

I've heard "rocket surgery" is tremendously difficult! :icon_lol:

Back