Please Bump When Woodley KOs Robbie Lawler

Frank Edgar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hard Wood gonna TKO (punches) Lawler this Saturday. You can hate him for his personality or undeserved title shot all you want, but none of that is gonna change the fact that Lawler has been eating bombs lately and Woodley has decent KO power.

Lawler has gotten lucky in nearly all of his fights since winning the welterweight title. This Saturday, his luck is running head first into some Hard Wood.

This is a pick em fight for me.

Woodley has the power to hurt Robbie and the wrestling to keep him honest imo.

I think TWood either wins inside of 3, or Lawler does his 5th round berserker zombie thing and wins a decision or late stoppage.

After the crazy amount of upsets in 2016....Woodley winning would not surprise me at all.

I hope Lawler murders him. Bit worried about Robbie's chin suddenly not working but once it gets past the first round I think Robbie begins the soul stealing process.

And to people complaining Lawler is lucky, I could give a shit - the dude has served up two fights of the year in his last two fucking fights.

Who cares if they are close or he steals a round, they are all murder fests with Robbie - we will miss him when he retires. He is the Just Bleed God incarnate.

Last edited:
I am leaning that way as well. Woodley by stoppage within the first 2 rounds. Or Lawler by decision or stoppage in the championship rounds.

There's a very good chance of that. Woodleys right hand can hurt anyone... Same thing goes for Robbie though. We'll see at 201. Hoping for another war/ruthless ko, but woodley winning is not far fetched.

This is a pick em fight for me.

Woodley has the power to hurt Robbie and the wrestling to keep him honest imo.

I think TWood either wins inside of 3, or Lawler does his 5th round berserker zombie thing and wins a decision or late stoppage.
Well said. I concur.

I am leaning that way as well. Woodley by stoppage within the first 2 rounds. Or Lawler by decision or stoppage in the championship rounds.
I would question Woodley's chin.

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

However Lawler, who does possess explosive power, is more at home slowly beating someone into a bloody mess. If Woodley wins it will be in the first round, for Robbie it could be rounds 2-5.

I can see it both ways, especially since all the shit that has been happening in 2016. (Upsets and shit like that)

Hoping for a lawler victory his fights are the best and i want to see him vs wonderboy

However Lawler, who does possess explosive power, is more at home slowly beating someone into a bloody mess. If Woodley wins it will be in the first round, for Robbie it could be rounds 2-5.
That's fair. But while Lawler's chin is one of the greats the guy has taken a beating and been rocked in his last few fights. Woodley might have the most power in the entire weight class in the UFC.

Tekken elbow combo from hell from TRT Nate the Great >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nick Diaz jab

i can definitely see woodley catching him early, but to me thats his only chance. Hes not winning by sub, late ko, or decision imo.

Dangerous fight for robbie though

That's fair. But while Lawler's chin is one of the greats the guy has taken a beating and been rocked in his last few fights. Woodley might have the most power in the entire weight class in the UFC.

Very true, Woodley is a great power puncher and on paper Lawler has an insane chin but those legendary chins only last for so long and he does eat a serious amount of shots - look at Hendo nowadays - the guy can get knocked down from a stiff breeze.

The difference is though Hendo only ever needs just one punch to end you, Robbie relies on his chin for offense - the second it goes is when he is done - it was the same with Leben.

I wouldn't bet on this fight but for the sake of the sport I hope Robbie wins and he is still in good health because man I love watching that psychopath fight.

Back