Please break down this fight for me...

KORUPT xLOxx

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Now I'm sure you guys have done this fight before but I searched and couldn't find if it was. I wanted your guys opinions on how a Mosley vs. Mayweather fight at lightweight would have looked like. I think Mosley at lighweight was a monster with speed but mayweather also had a lot more pop at that weight but not as much as Shane imo. However, as we know PBF is a phenom himself. Please break down how you see this fight going

Shane's quick and strong, but I think he'd just be a slight step behind throughout.

Mayweather by decision.

I honestly believe Mosely has the skills to beat Mayweather... but he doesnt have the mindset to beat him. Since Mosely moved to 147. he went from being a boxer that outsmarts his opponent to being a speedy power puncher trying to over whelm the opponent. Your not going to overwhelm Floyd. I see Floyd taking 7-8 rounds with and losing some because he'll be cautious of Mosely's power.

Thanks for your reply Cracky but I'm saying at Lightweight where I think they were both at their best

At lightweight, I would bet on Mosely, but it's still a toss up.

Me and my cousin talk about this all the time. I honestly cant make up my mind on this one.

Me and my cousin talk about this all the time. I honestly cant make up my mind on this one.

I used to be the same. Today, floyd beats Mosley though.

Mosley just doesn't have the power to hurt Floyd, IMO. I think he can connect and win some rounds but I think Floyd wins by slipping and countering.

Still this is a "dream" fight for me. I've always wanted to see this one.

Floyd has a good chin and good defense, but his chin isn't granite. Chop Chop stunned him. If Chop Chop can do that, I imagine Mosley could as well. However, at this later stage, Mosley loses to Floyd by UD. His lack of combinations and weak upper body movement leaves him vulnerable to counters all night.

At lightweight, Prime Mosley overwhelms floyd with powershot combinations.

I used to be the same. Today, Floyd beats Mosley though.

Mosley just doesn't have the power to hurt Floyd, IMO. I think he can connect and win some rounds but I think Floyd wins by slipping and countering.

Still this is a "dream" fight for me. I've always wanted to see this one.

Yea id still like to see the fight now, and i agree, at this moment Floyd would win handily.
What i was talking about tho, is if they were to have fought at lightweight in their primes, my cousin says Mosley and i say Mayweather, i cant honestly say im sure Mayweather would win tho, it's a real tough one to call.

As much as I like Mosley, at 135 I'd take PBF by a close decision. I think he'd counter Shane just enough to win more rounds and I don't think Mosley would hit PBF clean enough to stop him. PBF's defense is just a little bit better. PBF over Mosley 115-113.

Back