Please break down this fight for me...

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by KORUPT xLOxx, Mar 26, 2008.

1. KORUPT xLOxx

KORUPT xLOxx Blue Belt

Now I'm sure you guys have done this fight before but I searched and couldn't find if it was. I wanted your guys opinions on how a Mosley vs. Mayweather fight at lightweight would have looked like. I think Mosley at lighweight was a monster with speed but mayweather also had a lot more pop at that weight but not as much as Shane imo. However, as we know PBF is a phenom himself. Please break down how you see this fight going

2. Ancient Warrior

Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

Shane's quick and strong, but I think he'd just be a slight step behind throughout.

Mayweather by decision.

3. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

I honestly believe Mosely has the skills to beat Mayweather... but he doesnt have the mindset to beat him. Since Mosely moved to 147. he went from being a boxer that outsmarts his opponent to being a speedy power puncher trying to over whelm the opponent. Your not going to overwhelm Floyd. I see Floyd taking 7-8 rounds with and losing some because he'll be cautious of Mosely's power.

4. KORUPT xLOxx

KORUPT xLOxx Blue Belt

Thanks for your reply Cracky but I'm saying at Lightweight where I think they were both at their best

5. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

At lightweight, I would bet on Mosely, but it's still a toss up.

6. Peet Cassidy

Peet Cassidy Guest

Me and my cousin talk about this all the time. I honestly cant make up my mind on this one.

7. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

I used to be the same. Today, floyd beats Mosley though.

Mosley just doesn't have the power to hurt Floyd, IMO. I think he can connect and win some rounds but I think Floyd wins by slipping and countering.

Still this is a "dream" fight for me. I've always wanted to see this one.

8. lugubriousduck

lugubriousduck Banned Banned

Floyd has a good chin and good defense, but his chin isn't granite. Chop Chop stunned him. If Chop Chop can do that, I imagine Mosley could as well. However, at this later stage, Mosley loses to Floyd by UD. His lack of combinations and weak upper body movement leaves him vulnerable to counters all night.

At lightweight, Prime Mosley overwhelms floyd with powershot combinations.

9. Peet Cassidy

Peet Cassidy Guest

Yea id still like to see the fight now, and i agree, at this moment Floyd would win handily.
    What i was talking about tho, is if they were to have fought at lightweight in their primes, my cousin says Mosley and i say Mayweather, i cant honestly say im sure Mayweather would win tho, it's a real tough one to call.

10. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

As much as I like Mosley, at 135 I'd take PBF by a close decision. I think he'd counter Shane just enough to win more rounds and I don't think Mosley would hit PBF clean enough to stop him. PBF's defense is just a little bit better. PBF over Mosley 115-113.