playing basketball

Wenisprinkle my challenge to you is box twelve rounds with a professional boxer who outweighs you by 20 pounds and has at least 25 fights with at least half of them ending in knockout going 80%.
And if you cant find someone who has that record or if you dont box have one guy hold the mitts for you and throw 80-100 punches per round while a second guy hits you in the body, face, arms, shoulders, chest and hips. Set it up so the guy in front of you trying to hit you throws at least 50-60 punches you can block the punches but have him throw them at 80-90% power and if you can do that then your method will gain my respect.
I am joking kind of. I use distance running because it is proven to work. the above is what I do on a daily basis in sparring.
I will try the workout you sent me it looks interesting.

okay i guess im gonna go find somone to beat the shit out of me while i hit focus mitts....but you do that workout

I will be very surprised if you do what I challenge you with and are able to complete it. that is a real test of your stamina and endurance. Alot of people think they can go 12 rounds full blast throwing punches, slipping punches, ducking punches, moving around the ring but in all reality very very few guys can go two rounds full out against a guy who is trying to knock them the fuck out. The ring is the proving ground for me. If an ex world champ says :"Hey kid distance running is the way to get to where I have been" Guess what i believe the ex-world champ not some scientist who has some theory or some stupid fucking athletic trainer who has read about this or that in a book. I go with what is battle tested battle harden and battle proven and guess what not one single ex,current, or futere world champion boxer doesnt run distance some may run more some may run less but when you get down to it they all run at least 2.5-3 miles per day. Sure the training and sparring of boxing helps with conditioning but the main piece of being in fighting shape is fucking running distance. When you can do 12 rounds with against a skilled, experienced pro boxer actually throwing punches that have bad intentions and taking punches that have bad intentions then come talk to me.

Man that reminds me of what I heard about Mayweather Boom, that he spars 15 minute rounds with multiple opponents. You can't even begin to think about being able to do that without substancial running in your conditioning routine.

King Kabuki said:
Man that reminds me of what I heard about Mayweather Boom, that he spars 15 minute rounds with multiple opponents. You can't even begin to think about being able to do that without substancial running in your conditioning routine.
Congrats on the mod title by the way you gunna be a good one.

This exactly what i am talking about. Also Floyd does not spar with 140lbs. he spars with 154-160-175lbs. The only guy close to his weight he spars with is his young charge Wes Fergusen and they go all out for 4 rounds with a 30 sec break in between and this floyd only doing defense no punching. Floyd (even though I loathe him) is one of the best conditioned athletes in the game today and i know for a fact his conditioning regime consists of--Guess What? 4-6 miles of roadwork every day up hill for 3 miles down hill for one then a ride back tot he gym for a ride on the bike to loosen up then the sauna then home then back to the gym. On every second saturday he runs 8 miles at a very quick pace on a tredmill adjusting the pace every 3 minutes then slow it for 1 minute then back up for 3 minutes. He is all about the running and it shows It truly shows.
When Bramble was doing 15 rounds he ran 7-8 miles every other day and 3 miles in between. Guess what he was in a war with Boom Boom Mancini who was a cardio motherfucking machine and guess who got tired not Bramble and not Mancini both were still throwing over 60 punches a round right up until he stopped Mancini. He had Mancini hurt from like the 6th round on but Mancini still had stamina to throw 70 punches a round and even reached 100 a couple of those last few rounds. Guess what Mancini did for conditioning-Do i even need to go on and on. i dont think I do. The people who dont wanna run distance-dont do it but also- dont step into the ring with someone who does cause they will be still ticking when you are out of gas red faced hands down huffin and puffin on your stool wishing you had never laced the gloves up. I have seen many a self proclaimed cardio machine come into the gym saying how they lift weights do this and do that and fuck distance running but i have never seen them last more than 3 rounds with a guy who runs his nuts off every morning.

Thanks man, and basically I agree with everything you said. It's just something that overall has to be done.

hrmm for wrestling conditioning i was suggested to do interval sprints instead of distance running. Are you suggesting that i disregard this and do both?

You really will end up with better endurance than most of the guys on your squad if you do. Your wind will be strong over a longer period of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back