Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the difficulty in using it now is due to gfx driver and battleye changes, not because Bluehole don't want people using it.

Player unknown tweeted about it a while ago actually encouraging the use of Reshade.

Btw, using the various sharpening passes makes the game a lot less frustrating. It helps the most in spotting prone campers in the grass.
News to me, last I heard it was being encouraged.
I really don't care what daddy thinks one way or the other.

The point is that your game looks like dogshit, and makes me want to lay down on the train tracks to be split in half nuts first.

. Btw, using the various sharpening passes makes the game a lot less frustrating. It helps the most in spotting prone campers in the grass.

lol... You mean cheating then? Trying remain concealed is an important aspect of the game. If you change shader settings to give you an advantage that other players don't... well...

Why not just use an aimbot to make shooting less frustrating while you're at it.

News to me, last I heard it was being encouraged.

Didn't even know about Reshade prior to this. After reading articles on it, I wouldn't say Bluehole "Encouraged" Reshade, they just said they didn't have a problem with it.

However, like anything, players are using it to an extreme to give them advantages, so it looks like Bluehole is working on blocking it completely.

I think a lot of the difficulty in using it now is due to gfx driver and battleye changes, not because Bluehole don't want people using it.

Player unknown tweeted about it a while ago actually encouraging the use of Reshade.

Btw, using the various sharpening passes makes the game a lot less frustrating. It helps the most in spotting prone campers in the grass.
Yeah, you could say that for wall hacks and aimbots too. Missing people is frustrating. Not seeing people hiding and camping is frustrating. I used reshade to make the game prettier. You used it to spot players proning in tall grass to bypass an ingame-mechanic.

Player unknown said reshade was allowed several months ago, but it was never encouraged. Bluehole is now changing that policy because people were abusing it. This is for the current build, and has been confirmed in various locations.

Yeah, you could say that for wall hacks and aimbots too. Missing people is frustrating. Not seeing people hiding and camping is frustrating. I used reshade to make the game prettier. You used it to spot players proning in tall grass to bypass an ingame-mechanic.

Player unknown said reshade was allowed several months ago, but it was never encouraged. Bluehole is now changing that policy because people were abusing it. This is for the current build, and has been confirmed in various locations.
Using third party stuff is cheating. Moving a slider isn't.

I'm a dirty camper that loves tall grass but they should patch that so people cannot fool with it instead of saying it's cheating.

Using third party stuff is cheating. Moving a slider isn't.

I'm a dirty camper that loves tall grass but they should patch that so people cannot fool with it instead of saying it's cheating.
. . . Reshade is "third party stuff.". It's not on the same level as an aimbot, but it is third party stuff. They just patched it so people can't use it to fool with stuff.

. . . Reshade is "third party stuff.". It's not on the same level as an aimbot, but it is third party stuff. They just patched it so people can't use it to fool with stuff.
My bad, thought he was dicking with the sliders

I can't find it now, but there was an interview where he encouraged it, saying something to the effect of "if it enhances your experience then go for it".

Anyway, if it's outlawed then I simply wouldn't use it, but up til this point it's perfectly fine and quite common.

I would also use the argument that it's not cheating because it doesn't interfere with gameplay mechanics, it is a post processing feature. I think of it as being akin to using your finger to see which way the wind is travelling before kicking a ball.

Something like ESP does interfere with gameplay mechanics, actually hooking into the memory of the application to derive info you should not have access to. Reshade simply changes the way you see what the game has wanted you to see anyway.

Last edited:
I really don't care what daddy thinks one way or the other.

The point is that your game looks like dogshit, and makes me want to lay down on the train tracks to be split in half nuts first.

<escalate99>

If you use Reshade to make it easier to spot players you're as shit as the Chinese cheaters. If you use Reshade to make your game look as shit as old mates up above you deserve to be summarily executed in front of your family and friends.

On a lighter note, PUBG's recent patches have improved the tickrate stability by a lot. It's at a pretty stable 30hz after the first 5 minutes. Not CSGO or Battlefield level, but it's a big step in the right direction.

More anticheat coming in the next patch, too.
YUEZjxl.png

Now for a practice area and a soft ping-lock.

If you use Reshade to make it easier to spot players you're as shit as the Chinese cheaters. If you use Reshade to make your game look as shit as old mates up above you deserve to be summarily executed in front of your family and friends.
Dunno about summary execution but it probably warrants a spanking or whatever.

OP honors are wide open for the taking for the next version of this thread.

First come first serve.

Winning my first duo match with a friend of mine on my newly built theater room. It's a blast playing down here.

20180201_120958_zpsw0lvlwaz.jpg

20180201_120934_zpshbvuolug.jpg

20180130_171402_zps6b0zmfdo.jpg

I'm jelly of the above. That said, i wouldn't ever think of playing it on a console. just ew....

Im still trying to get better at this game (getting there) calling out directions, avoiding tunnel vision etc. drives me nuts when everyone is trying to be quiet b/c hunting or just not knowing if anyone is out there and i accidentally fire off a round..... haha.

That said, this game is so addicting its crazy. I still get frustrated at not having enough ppl to queue with. queuing with randoms is still 9 times out of 10 three other ppl speaking chinese etc.

Well, I'm still below average, at least compared to some of you guys around here, but I had a pretty good weekend playing.

Won 1 game and made final 2 twice in 20 games. My K/D ratio for the new season is actually 1.0... which is very unlike me. I normally hover around .50-.70.

I'm normally dying now because of tactical mistakes and I actually win the 50/50 matchups about 50% of the time... lol. I've also learned that in close quarters, it's better to stay moving instead of trying to ambush because some players are very good at hunting you if you freeze up.

I know what I need to work on. I still tend to automatically aim for center mass instead of headshots in close encounters. I'm trying to change that, but it's too ingrained right now.

I've been playing lot's of duos with my brother and he's been slow to learn the tactics. Too much Call of Duty 4 from the old days. He's not always situationally aware and often exposes himself. He'll also aggressively try to shoot players that he has no shot in killing, while attracting the attention of every sniper in the area.

Anyway, I still love this game. I don't to get to play a whole lot, so I'm not quite burned out yet. Though I can totally see that happening to anyone who plays a lot.

Okay so is it worth getting? - im moving away from MMO's after a 12 year lock in WoW, time to go back to shooters. I used to play MOHAA on competitive ladders and played for the UK. So i do tend to go full nerd once i enjoy it.

Im getting mixed reports from friends about Hacking. Some say its plagued with chinese hackers and just hackers in general. Others have told me theres some cheats but its very rare.

How does Pubg fair up skill wise with games like MOHAA & CS:GO ?

How does Pubg fair up skill wise with games like MOHAA & CS:GO ?

CSGO is the pinnacle of FPS games. Rainbow Six Siege is a retake server version of CSGO with some MOBA elements. Overwatch is a FPS MOBA that caters primarily to lesser skilled aimers who favor Blizzard titles. PUBG is a modern graphical take on H1Z1's King of the Kill and or a basic standalone version of Arma's Battle Royale mod.

I played MOHAA back in 2002-2003 alongside RTCW. The current Call of Duty games have the same flow and map sizes. Battlefield/Battlefront series also has the same mechanics but on larger maps.

Need to keep in mind that MOHAA was at a different time in gaming. It was when Pc FPS makers started throwing together multiplayer on their titles for high speed internet was common. Most who still follow this FPS formula have introduced character levels to keep players coming back to unlock better gear in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back