Platinum Perry = Phil Baroni 2.0 ?

I see many similarities between them, hilariously giant jock douche bags who you can't help but root for, both had amateur boxing backgrounds, both brawlers that are physical strong with knock out power, rough upbringings and weren't elite fighters but had enough toughness and skills to give them a run for their money whilst beating some okay opposition along the way.
Rough upbringing? Baroni is from Massapequa- a wealthy white suburb in Long Island.
ISesypxoeksrz61000000000.jpg

Similar comparison. Baroni relied on his wrestling a lot more than Mike does.

Baroni would gas out after the first round in every fight. However, EVERYONE gassed out quick in those days. Now no one seems to gas out. Probably because everyones on PED's now.
Truth. EPO is king.

Insult to Perry being compared to Baroni. Baroni wouldn't have lasted one round against Luque or a lot of other guys Perry has competed against.

Truth. EPO is king.
Forreal. Back then guys would gas out in every single fight. Even the best guys could barely make it through 3 rounds. Now nearly everyone can go 100% for 5 straight rounds. It's gotta be EPO.

Insult to Perry being compared to Baroni. Baroni wouldn't have lasted one round against Luque or a lot of other guys Perry has competed against.

Well Baroni did compete way earlier, he may have a lot more skill and ability with modern facilities, training camps, partners etc.

Huh. Baroni never beat anyone of relevance and was like a side show WWE comedy act.

If anything Perry is a tatted up Don Frye in a time where the competition isn’t filled with one dimensional cans

Frye won legitimate titles though, Baroni beat some notable guys like Minowa, Kondo, Dave Menne, Suloev and gave Evan Tanner a good run for his money too.

How insulting to "the best eva"

this.

remember when the NYBA posted on here?

Some writer included him in 'top 10 guys who should retire' or something article and Phil came on and, in no uncertain terms, put him in his place!!! LOL

biggest difference - baroni could only go 1 round, perry can go 3.

Prime Baroni was no joke. I would pick him over Perry.

Frye won legitimate titles though, Baroni beat some notable guys like Minowa, Kondo, Dave Menne, Suloev and gave Evan Tanner a good run for his money too.
Frye beat cans for a title. Ima huge Menne fan and I agree that was his best win albeit a lucky KO. Suloev was very good but Tanner tooled him up.

I love Tanner with the best of them but he was the first generation all around mma athlete much like Menne. Felder and Brazilian Cowboy that Perry best we’re better than anyone Baroni beat.

Huh. Baroni never beat anyone of relevance and was like a side show WWE comedy act.

If anything Perry is a tatted up Don Frye in a time where the competition isn’t filled with one dimensional cans

Other than the guy that submitted Anderson Silva...

And Frye is a legend... don't compare him to cans.

Baroni is somehow more educated...dude has 2 degrees. 1 more than me.

But he's also a bit retarded. Dude pursued his dream and that turned into a life long failed dream that he couldn't move on from, cheated on his wife that supported him throughout all his few wins and many losses. She finally left him. (his wife was a fucking babe too).
Now he just does weird fake wrestling promos.
It's a shame because Phil was a charismatic commentator for the UFC and seemed kind of like a dumb/funny delusional jock.

Perry just seems like a genuine moron that everyone laughs at.

Back