Platinum Perry behind Paul Craig's Braveheart facepaint

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
20161216_0125_Paul_Craig.0.0.jpeg

Platinum nation won a small victory on Saturday night, in the form of Scotland's Paul Craig, who put on a dominant performance against a tough 205'er in Sacramento.

On Helwani's MMA Hour, Paul Craig; who could not be more likeable, credited Mike Perry for his decision to pull out the Braveheart impression for the weigh-ins on Friday night.

When quizzed on whether he liked his first visit to the US, and whether he liked the people; Craig replied (in the thickest of accents)

"Everyone was was so nice to me, they all wanted to hear my story and it was incredible; but I'all tell you who I absolutely love; is Perry, Mike Perry. He is a cool guy! You know what.. He was like..'Man if I was Scottish, I'd do my face up like Braveheart and come out like FREEDOM!!!' And my coach and I looked at each other and thought it would be epic. Mike Perry is the man! He's the man"

Craig also spoke about how he isn't a fan of MMA and finds watching fights boring, as a dedicated father of two with a full time job, he just doesn't get the time to watch it.

He works for a charity as an educator for teenage children and seems very enthusiastic and is someone who "loves waking up on Monday morning to go to work"

Helwani poked him about his nickname "Bearjew" and whether he is Jewish, but Craig did not give a definitive answer, though he did hint that it might be the case.

The interview starts at 1:09.

You can take our lives, but you'll never take Dog's wife...

Last edited:
Good to see that fighters are also joining the Platinum nation in droves

None of you casuals will listen to the interview, but you should. Paul Craig is what a real man should be. Learn something.

None of you casuals will listen to the interview, but you should. Paul Craig is what a real man should be. Learn something.

I'm watching MNF I'll get to it, but I don't have to listen to it to know he's a solid guy fighter & man. I had the other guy on my Tapology but I found myself cheering for Craig soon into the fight, I'm allowed to do that as a fight fan.

It is pretty clear Craig is a big Perry fan. It is not the other way round.
Based on what? You obviously have no idea what goes on. Try spending 5 minutes in the real world, pal.

Based on what? You obviously have no idea what goes on. Try spending 5 minutes in the real world, pal.

Based on Craig praising Perry you dunce. And there is nothing that suggests Perry joined Craigs bandwagon, he merely gave him an idea.

Based on Craig praising Perry you dunce. And there is nothing that suggests Perry joined Craigs bandwagon, he merely gave him an idea.
He doesn't watch MMA pal. He thought Perry was a UFC backstage staffer, lol.

Stereotypes Yah!!!
Hes going to tell Moose to dress up like the Iron Shiek at the weigh ins

Stereotypes Yah!!!
Hes going to tell Moose to dress up like the Iron Shiek at the weigh ins
Moose is Armenian, his Armenian family lived in Iran and moved to Holland in his childhood, so he's not ethnically Iranian nor culturally since he moved as a child

The Platinum Nation won more than a small victory, we got a new GOAT! Much respect to michale perry and his contributions to the Platinum Title but it's time to salute the new lineal Platinum champ!
alan-jouban-ufc-fight-night-47.jpg

Alan, Platinum, Jouban!
War, Platty-Jo

#GUERNICAbless

The Platinum Nation won more than a small victory, we got a new GOAT! Much respect to michale perry and his contributions to the Platinum Title but it's time to salute the new lineal Platinum champ!
alan-jouban-ufc-fight-night-47.jpg

Alan, Platinum, Jouban!
War, Platty-Jo

#GUERNICAbless

Platty-Jo...
Platty-Jo...
Platty-Jo...
<mma4>

Based on him saying "Mike Perry is the man." Can't get a much bigger endorsement that that, pal.

loving the jigsaw puzzle tattoo

Craig came across as the male Jo Calderwood - smiley and really happy to be there

Back