Media Platinum Mike Perry interested in dropping to 155lbs

Mike-Perry-5.png

“I’m going to go smash Al Iaquinta this weekend (at Submission Underground), then we were talking about 155lbs, but I don’t think I can do it, I don’t think it I can make it at all. But I’m not big enough, and after I smash Al Iaquinta we can go after Khabib Nurmagomedov cause my grappling is top-notch,” Perry said.

“For performance reasons and health reasons, if I can do it healthily and live more healthy, which I’ve been doing the total opposite of that, it’s kind of funny. I’m always in good shape no matter what’s going on, but sometimes I have pains and injuries, it’s almost like it takes my breath away. Some people might confuse that for cardio but I’m in great shape. Cardio is mental, it’s how you run your system, you have to know how much fuel you have, you can’t be putting it all on the gas. I’m just thinking about fighting like always, man,” Perry said.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/mike-perry-interested-in-dropping-to-155lbs/

Professor Platinum Perry eloquent and succinct as usual.

Perry bless.

Mike Perry vs Diego Sanchez for the WMF belt (Weirdo mutherf*er belt)
Diego wins after taking an illegal shot and talking about his options with the ref.

Perry is the GOAT and I’m excited to watch The Platinum Princess make her debut at SUbmission Underground

<5>

Mike Perry looked like a decent sized welterweight to me?! Yes maybe gave up a inch or two in height but in his last four; or even most of his UFC fights he has been the heavily more muscled and thicker guy, at least when they get in the cage. He Looked way bigger than Geoff Neal IMO. Looked actually bigger than his last four opponents he has faced.

A move to lightweight won’t help him that much unless he is willing and able to cut massive loads of water weight like Drew Dober or Gleason Tibeau.

And even then it won’t help his style which is a power striker/brawler. If I was him I would work on his wrestling skills and tighten his grappling/defence. Because being a striker isn’t working for his career. He has the explosiveness and strength to lay n pray or put grapple several guys. He needs to learn how to wrestle and better grappling or use it more cause his striking isn’t great.

Should be fun, i like that move.

Pretty surprised Dana keeping him tho, fighters been cut for less. Or maybe not.

"Cardio is mental." - My man Michael Platinum Perrier

Prelim Mike Perry would starch Khabib in less than 7 seconds.

Mike-Perry-5.png

“I’m going to go smash Al Iaquinta this weekend (at Submission Underground), then we were talking about 155lbs, but I don’t think I can do it, I don’t think it I can make it at all. But I’m not big enough, and after I smash Al Iaquinta we can go after Khabib Nurmagomedov cause my grappling is top-notch,” Perry said.

“For performance reasons and health reasons, if I can do it healthily and live more healthy, which I’ve been doing the total opposite of that, it’s kind of funny. I’m always in good shape no matter what’s going on, but sometimes I have pains and injuries, it’s almost like it takes my breath away. Some people might confuse that for cardio but I’m in great shape. Cardio is mental, it’s how you run your system, you have to know how much fuel you have, you can’t be putting it all on the gas. I’m just thinking about fighting like always, man,” Perry said.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/mike-perry-interested-in-dropping-to-155lbs/
He’s deluded, whether it’s 170 or 155 he’s not UFC calibre

had a good laugh at the khabib bit lol..

Back