Platinum Deflation

Where you actually around for Vera hype though? People believed him when he said he was gonna be 2 division champ.
Then he said "don't believe the hype" but I'm pretty sure he had his fingers crossed.

I was measuring the speed at which Perry's "fans" abandoned ship after his defeat to an underwear model, and reached the conclusion that the hype train was deserted ALMOST at the speed of light. It was scary stuff.
The speed of quantuum entanglement.

FTL!!!

Conner got exposed by Nate, but his hype is still going strong...

Has there any other guy in the UFC been given so much hype on Sherdog and turned out to be a flop? I can think back to when Shogun first fought in the UFC and got beat by Forrest Griffin. That doesn't count though because Shogun was Pride GP Champ and had a bum knee that night. Maybe Rogan going: "Houston Alexander IZ FOR REAAALLLL!!"?

Mike Perry seems to be this generation's Phil Baroni more than anything else. Is he even capable of throwing a kick? Does he have a blue belt in JJ at least?

To qualify for most hype on Sherdog you at least need a guy who actually beat a named fighter therefore legitimately feeding into the hype. Perry isn't this guy. He had a very small internet thing but Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander were actually mainstream hype jobs which translated to Sherdog as well.

Sokoudjou and Houston Alexander are much more qualified for the hype list. If Perry doesn't do anything else in the UFC worth while from here on out he will be forgotten 10 years from now.

happens all the time - perry was more of a joke with the dumbasses around here - it wasnt serious - ones like houston alexander, people actually thought he was going to be great - it was reasonable given his wins, but after he got raped, he had a big come down

Has there any other guy in the UFC been given so much hype on Sherdog and turned out to be a flop? I can think back to when Shogun first fought in the UFC and got beat by Forrest Griffin. That doesn't count though because Shogun was Pride GP Champ and had a bum knee that night. Maybe Rogan going: "Houston Alexander IZ FOR REAAALLLL!!"?

Mike Perry seems to be this generation's Phil Baroni more than anything else. Is he even capable of throwing a kick? Does he have a blue belt in JJ at least?

I agree man, but you shouldn't fuck with Phil Baroni, guy is a legend!
phil_baroni.jpg

Where you actually around for Vera hype though? People believed him when he said he was gonna be 2 division champ.
I remember when Tim Sylvia handled him then it was all downhill from there.

ufuel2_weighin_022.jpg

That is one dry ass mofo. God damn. Dude is so dry his muscle tendons and the outside of his internal organs are ashy as fuck. Rarely see guys coming in that dry even with chemical assistance (so pretty much everyone).

It's only one loss for fuck's sake, and he lost cause Joubum was running away the whole fight.
Platinum is still very young and has enough time to improve.
He will be the first to hold 3 belts.

#PlatinumBless.

Someone please post a gif of Jouban knocking Perry Van Dingle on his ass.

Why do people think one loss makes someone a flop? He's still a good prospect.

Hype on Sherdog doesn't matter in the slightest when it comes to fighting ability. People here have strange reasons for getting behind someone.

Back