Platinum Deflation

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Has there any other guy in the UFC been given so much hype on Sherdog and turned out to be a flop? I can think back to when Shogun first fought in the UFC and got beat by Forrest Griffin. That doesn't count though because Shogun was Pride GP Champ and had a bum knee that night. Maybe Rogan going: "Houston Alexander IZ FOR REAAALLLL!!"?

Mike Perry seems to be this generation's Phil Baroni more than anything else. Is he even capable of throwing a kick? Does he have a blue belt in JJ at least?

Last edited:
Phil Jabroni 2.0 is just getting his first loss out of the way while his career is young.

Platinum is eternal.

I can't recall Vera getting that much hype from SD, more like Vera hyping himself up.
Where you actually around for Vera hype though? People believed him when he said he was gonna be 2 division champ.

The platinum nation fan boys were like a bunch of pre teens flocking after justin beiber. grown men dont fantasize over gay experiences with a fighter like the platinum fans did. so glad mike perry sunk like a lead fishing sinker.

#platinum fail

Inb4 dick riders make excuses for their man crush. Too late.

Where you actually around for Vera hype though? People believed him when he said he was gonna be 2 division champ.

I can remember that time fairly well. The Vera hype wasn't as ridiculous as Perry's.

Yes the hype for him was ridiculous. I wish sherdog was just objective about his skills, excited but realistic. Now they have turned him into a joke or someone to root against. I wish perry all the best going forward and was going for him against jouban but he has work to do.

theres no room for platinum right now, as we are still in the machida era.

Deep in people's hearts they so WANTED this douchebag to be the next big thing because it would validate their own inner shittiness.
But it's too early in the morning to be getting into politics.

I can remember that time fairly well. The Vera hype wasn't as ridiculous as Perry's.
what you need to remember was most of the perry hype was just a way to troll the forums.

People legit didn't think he was going to be champ or GOAT, it was all a troll job too annoy everyone and it seem to not last that long.

i tink he was an alternative to mcgregor with no real similarities

Why do so many people on here confuse people being keen to watch an exciting new fighter with a hypetrain, barring the ridiculous GOAT threads which I just assumed no one took seriously. Maybe I'm giving the critics too much credit.

Sage had a hype train

Perry had people excited to see his fights

I was measuring the speed at which Perry's "fans" abandoned ship after his defeat to an underwear model, and reached the conclusion that the hype train was deserted ALMOST at the speed of light. It was scary stuff.

GraphEngine.ashx

PDVD_008.JPG

what you need to remember was most of the perry hype was just a way to troll the forums.

People legit didn't think he was going to be champ or GOAT, it was all a troll job too annoy everyone and it seem to not last that long.

But thats how the Conor bless stuff happened around here too. As an troll job and joke. If Perry had won you would see a lot more Platinum bless crap around herre too. People just wanted to capture that shitty lighting in a bottle one more time.

But thats how the Conor bless stuff happened around here too. As an troll job and joke. If Perry had won you would see a lot more Platinum bless crap around herre too. People just wanted to capture that shitty lighting in a bottle one more time.
Haha yeap... even after Conor was champ 90% of them fled when he lost to Diaz.

Perry hype would of been out of control if he won, is jouban ranked top 15-20?

It's weird I always thought it was a troll just watching perry fight as he was just a brawler and a laugh but I actually think some fans thought he was going to be a real contender.

I honestly thought it was a troll job at first but the more I read the more I realized some of these fanboys were downright serious.

Back