Plastic Water bottles and estrogen

I don't buy water bottles and I don't drink sports drinks, but the plastic cup I use at work is polypropalene.

Am I gonna die of manboobs?

I've been filling and reusing the same water bottle for over a year whenever I'm at the gym and I've felt nothing different. I'll let you know if anything develops, cause I'm gnona keep using it for the next year if it desn't break.

Just checked my bottle there, and it's 05 in the recycle triangle. Good? Bad? Ugly?

Just checked my bottle there, and it's 05 in the recycle triangle. Good? Bad? Ugly?

5 is polypropylene which is completely fine.

2 and 4 are are high and low density polyethylene and are safe too.

Don't get stainless steel it leaches ****l into the water and tastes like shit.

Shit, I've got 7 quart-sized water bottles that I have been using for about 8 months. All of them #7. Is this shit for real??

From the NIH report re food container:

Bisphenol A can migrate into food from food and beverage containers with internal epoxy resin coatings and from consumer products made of polycarbonate plastic such as baby bottles, tableware, food containers, and water bottles.

Damn, this is worrisome. I checked the water bottle I've been using for months now, and it has a number 7 on the bottom. Hell, I just bought another one this past weekend as it was on sale for work. :mad: It's going straight back.

Nobody except people with children or women who could have children need to FREAK OUT right now. There is probably some effect on adults, but the real risk is to babies.

As an adult, I don't think you really have to worry much. It is infants and fetuses that can be adversly affected. Here is the NIH conclusion:

NTP Conclusions
The NTP concurs with the conclusion of the CERHR Expert Panel on Bisphenol A that there is some concern for neural and behavioral effects in fetuses, infants, and children at current human exposures. The NTP also has some concern for bisphenol A exposure in these populations based on effects in the prostate gland, mammary gland, and an earlier age for puberty in females.
The scientific evidence that supports a conclusion of some concern for exposures in fetuses, infants, and children comes from a number of laboratory animal studies reporting that

Nobody except people with children or women who could have children need to FREAK OUT right now. There is probably some effect on adults, but the real risk is to babies.

Good point. Now that I've read that the effects on male adults are likely minimal, it makes me feel somewhat better.

Out of curiosity, I wondered if those 19L spring water bottles for water coolers are made out of the bad plastics. They are, at least the ones I have.

All that being said, I still may look into getting natural water bottles.

http://www.kleankanteen.com/ looks like a good alternative.

Good point. Now that I've read that the effects on male adults are likely minimal, it makes me feel somewhat better.

Out of curiosity, I wondered if those 19L spring water bottles for water coolers are made out of the bad plastics. They are, at least the ones I have.

All that being said, I still may look into getting natural water bottles.

http://www.kleankanteen.com/ looks like a good alternative.

Yup, one of my buddies at the gym has one..I asked him to get me one (the 40oz) klean kanteen one.....it's like $30 but I think it'll be a good investment.

does drinking water out of a plastic cup have the same problems?

It depends, is there a number inside a small triangle on the cup or packet containing the cups? There should be, then check it out.

I'm going to go get my Rambo knife, go out and kill a deer with it, gut it, and take out its bladder to use for a water container.

I forgot to mention that styrofoam leeches BPA in huge amounts, and since plastics leech BPA even more when they are heated... hot tea/coffee in styrofoam is a really terrible idea. Don't let your wives and girlfriends into that shit :)

Honestly though if you think about it, isn't it fucking strange to consume things out of styrofoam, something as strange as anything man has ever created? It's like... that stuff is bad for you, no kidding? Next you'll be telling me mcdonalds and a bullet in the head is bad too.

The reminder to stay calm can't be repeated enough though. We are already contaminated and grown up. The important thing is to save the next generation of kids from this BPA shit.

The triangle on the water bottle I've used for years says it's a number 1, PETE. Is this a leeching type of plastic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back