plant and pivot

• Thread starter DaGREATkabookie**
  • Start date
D

DaGREATkabookie**

the age old debate continues to pivot or plant on a roundhouse kick, why cant you plant and pivot as a follow through. I would tell you but both my plant and pivot roundhouses suck, so im asking you guys to help me with a little experment could someone plant and pivot and give me some feedback, also would the step plant and pivot method leave you out of position if you miss. thanks

You can't plant and pivot, because the whole point of the plant is that your foot is already pivoted when planted, tensioned against your hip, so that it pulls your leg forward hard into the kick. If you plant without that tension, then you are just getting the worst of all worlds -- bad pivoting and no plant pull.

This is not a binary issue. You can plant sometimes and pivot others, depending on timing and positioning and whatever is going to let you get your kick off at that moment in time.

He means doing both at the same time, not pivoting for some kicks and planting for others. I.e., with the same kick, planting and pivoting. That's the middle way he is talking about.

Zankou said:
He means doing both at the same time, not pivoting for some kicks and planting for others. I.e., with the same kick, planting and pivoting. That's the middle way he is talking about.
Oh.

Yeah, you're right, that won't work.

thanks for the insight now i shall how do you say

STFU.............NooooooooooooooB

Back