Planet Fitness Screwed Me

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ6OrO1f610&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ6OrO1f610&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The lunk alarm is amazingly ironic. A loud noise and flashing light identifies offenders - on the same sign that says says no judging.

images_sizedimage_305235357.jpg

This is ridiculous and what is exactly wrong with my generation. People want to be coddled. To be told its ok to be fat to be a pussy. This is ridiculous. I want to contact them and tell them how moronic they are but they are to scared of having suggestions that might improve their outlook of fitness to post an email address to contact them at.

This infuriates me... they are thieves and harming people who actually take time to try to improve their health. Seriously this is a gym franchise that belongs in the deepest and darkest pits of hell.

Listen to enright, that's some valuable advice you're getting.

I have some frequent flyer miles....may have to cash them in on a day trip to Mass.

Give me one hour in the place and I will have them in tears---better yet we all converge at Plan to Fail-Us. at the same time in a sherdog rendezouz. This could turn into a story that would have major motion picture appeal.

You know, you might have to post their phone number----I have some ideas that I am thinking about that could be quite interesting.

Let me give this some thought

Haha all I can picture is Keith Squatting more and more weight on the Smith Machine untill he breaks it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ6OrO1f610&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQ6OrO1f610&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Holy shit, No Deadlifting????!?!?!?!?!!!!

Years ago, I was renting a house and using a realtor/rental agency that also sold residential homes. I mentioned to the owner that I was looking to buy in the upcoming months and she eagerly said, I will find you a house. Every time I called or dropped off the rent, I would ask her how the search was coming and she would always say, Oh, I really need to get on that, etc, etc. hey no big deal if she was busy. I met another realtor who found me a house that I wanted and I bought it and I went to her office to drop off the last rent check and also to give notice and she got all pissy about why I had not bought a house from her ( it has been 3-4 months) and she refused to give me my security deposit back even though the house was in near perfect condition--she made up some other excuse for not refunding it. It was only 250 or so, but as was said, earlier, it is the principle of the thing. I looked up all of her rental/for sale listings and found properties that were as far away as possible from her office, some were like 75 miles away and I would call and tell them that I liked such and so property and that I was very anxious to do business--I would make appointments with them at odd hours, weekends, early in the am, late a night,,etc, and of course would never show up. I had friends of mine call and do the same thing and I had the 3 agents in the office running ragged, we would call and they would say, "are you sure your going to be there" and we would say yes, and that we would bring a cashiers check, etc, etc. Then I would steal the companies for sale or for rent signs from their properties and in the middle of the night would put them on the lawns of wealthy people in the city.

I called her about two weeks into this campaign and she wearily answered the phone, I said, this is Keith W.......have you had enough?.....she paused and I said, I expect a full refund check in the mail within the next 4 days....and it came like the next day

haha this rules

I thought the 'lunk' alarm was fake too but it seems to exist..
It would be hilarious if you could get one of those alarms and put it on the wall at the gym.

How about a curl-monkey alarm, you spot someone doing excessive curls in the powerrack, sound the alarm.

Thanks for the advice so far. I'm giving corporate two days to respond to my messages and return my calls. If they do not do so or fail to return my full investment I will begin enacting some of Keith's ideas. Every radio station, tv station, and newspaper in the entire New England region will hear my story.

If all else fails I will find myself someone to loan me money. Then I will fly any willing S&P'er out to MA. We will form a small but formidable militia, ransacking every planet fitness on the east coast. Hurling plates, swinging sledges, etc.

Haha, if it comes to that I am soooo in! I'll have to fly myself out there though, I live in Aus. It'll be worth it though, reading this thread has made me want to kill whoever came up with the idea. Also before enacting any of Keith's awesome idea's I'd try the small claims court. Gd luck

The lunk alarm is amazingly ironic. A loud noise and flashing light identifies offenders - on the same sign that says says no judging.

images_sizedimage_305235357.jpg

It is kinda Orwellian to have a giant siren of judgment to discourage judgment.

I had to threaten to sue the German variant of Planet Fitness before they let me out of my contract.

Guys, I'm really worried.

What if this blight spreads to *shudder* Texas?

I say we activate S&P "project mayhem."

Join a commercial gym which inhibites S&P through bullshit. Sabotage by doing one of the aformentioned deeds described by K'dub. I like the idea of placing frozen fish, milk, or other potentially stinky food products in strategic locations throughout the gym. This would only require a day or week pass.

Guys, I'm really worried.

What if this blight spreads to *shudder* Texas?

I'm hopping it doesn't spread too, I'd hate for some abomination like that to end up in Australia... our gyms are already shit enuough

im not too familiar with planet fitness but it sounds like Globo-Gym from Dodgeball. I pictured a skinny little guy wearing a purple singlet when you spoke of the manager

im not too familiar with planet fitness but it sounds like Globo-Gym from Dodgeball. I pictured a skinny little guy wearing a purple singlet when you spoke of the manager

Ben Stiller Gruntes when lifting...he'd be kicked out of Planet Fitness for being a "lunk" (whatever the hell that is...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back