Planet Fitness Screwed Me

As long as he doesn't lie when he describes what happened. He can campaign against them as much as he wants.

This is a breach of contract, the contract is void.

First idea,

I am assuming you are in Massachusetts from your tag line. Start calling all the local radio stations, esp, sports stations and tell them that you were training at Planto Failus and that you were wearing a Boston Celtics T-Shirt and the management asked you to remove it as they do not allow professional sports promotional items to be displayed and that it is upsetting some of their customers who are from Los Angeles. Tell them that the franchise owners ( who are from NY I believe) will only allow sports shirts from NY teams, the Yankees, the Knicks or the Giants. Then I will call Planto Failus and pretend to be a reporter and will inquire about the rumor--and other people will be calling from all kinds of magazines, I am sure this will cause a minor riot

Keith

Keith, that's devious

WIKIPEDIA

Planet Fitness is very immoral. They convinced my son that he was signing up for a month to month membership, when in fact they signed him up to a one year contract. So they verbally told him one thing thing and had him sign a different thing. I understand, as does my son now, that this was the contract he signed. It still sad that a company as big as this would resort to such low levels. Be very weary of this place......

Their business model is to feed them Pizza, Bagels and Coffee, keep them fat and happy and they will continue to pay the low fee's, because having that membership makes the client feel like they are doing something to be healthy-> As they stuff their faces on their way out.

These "RULES" they speak of are not static, I go to numerous Planet Fitness's around New England...NONE of them are the same. It seems to be more about geographics, some gym's will have more free weights than others, other gym's will have a disproportionate number of cardio machines. Truth in fact is, most people sign on to the cheap membership, go for a month or 2 and then before they know it they are paying for a service they don't use. None the wiser to the fact that Planet Fitness hopes you don't go, because A.)None of the locations could handle the volume of clients on the books B.) Longivity of equipment exceeds the manufacturers warranty. Planet Fitness is a cash cow.

I believe this entry is very biased in the way its written....especially pertaining the "rules" section as the "extremely irritating alarm"....please edit!

I'm very much not a fan of Planet Fitness or its policies, yet I must still agree that the bias of this article fairly blatent and a rewrite is called for.

This entry seems to be extremely accurate but doesn't go far enough in describing the business model of Planet Fitness. As a Planet Fitness member and former trainer I am routinely frustrated by the seemingly random application of the rules. I have watched over the years as the gym has consistently removed gym equipment necessary for basic strength training and create an unhealthy atmosphere for exercise. In our gym it is not uncommon to have free coffee, bagels, pizza, and candy available at any given time. This routinely sabotages member

GYMs are the MOST shady businesses out there. They always get you one way or the other. My former gym closed down without any notice, I saw people signing contracts the day before, and some I heard paid their full year in full, and the gym closed the next day. I myself had 3 months left in my membership, and SOOOO many guests were pissed off, but there was nothing we could do because they filled bankruptcy.

My old gym did the exact same thing, guy was real shady but i heard he got his ass handed to him in the parkling lot a few days later by some people who payed for a year and got a couple days. It wasn't a complete surprise to people but there was no notice and if you were a new member you got fucked.

I feel for you man. I fucking hate dealing with morons that refuse to admit their service is garbage.

On that note, I would like to say I bought some Muscle Milk from massnutrition.com a few months back and have been getting spam from them ever since. Their is no way to unsubscribe in the email or on the website and the one time I was able to call the guy said to email support who haven't gotten back to my 2 emails.

I'm going to post a thread about this in D&S as soon as I get it resolved. Just thought I would share and advise people not to by from them. If you want their price go to another site like bb.com that price matches.

The one thing you could do, is threaten to tell everyone what they did, say you have lots of friends on the Internet, etc., and you'll advertise against them. Technically they could then sue you for Public Defamation of Character, but that's unlikely.

Truth is a complete bar to defamation. He can tell his friends. He can call the radio stations. He can call the local newspaper, TV news stations. If he tells the truth about it, he's fine.

Note to self: Never join a Planet Fitness.

Lets get this on digg. TS, get a blog and write your experience on there. Then give us a time when you plan to submit your submission on digg, and we will all digg your submission. Be sure to explain the importance of a squat rack and bench so that the average person will understand your situation.

Many businesses have have hurt by the digg affect, many times someone would post the business' contact info and they would get flooded with calls.

This is simple. Go in and talk to the douchebag manager. Tell him that you are out of school for the summer and have nothing but time and that if he doesn't give you a full refund, you will be suing Planet Fatass in small claims court for breach of contract. There are no lawyers or legalease in small claims court. Explain to him that if you don't get your refund, either he, or one of his employees will end up having to go to court, and they will be paying back your money plus your court expenses.

Even if he gives you a hard time and thinks you're bluffing, filing in small claims court is really easy and you will have a slam dunk case. It would be a good learning experience.

You know, I have been doing some mental searching for a theme for my blog in the future--I think sort of a Ralph Nader/Consumer Advocate/Crusader against scams and injustices in the fitness and nutrition industry might be a nice idea. I could still write about lifting, etc.

This is simple. Go in and talk to the douchebag manager. Tell him that you are out of school for the summer and have nothing but time and that if he doesn't give you a full refund, you will be suing Planet Fatass in small claims court for breach of contract. There are no lawyers or legalease in small claims court. Explain to him that if you don't get your refund, either he, or one of his employees will end up having to go to court, and they will be paying back your money plus your court expenses.

Even if he gives you a hard time and thinks you're bluffing, filing in small claims court is really easy and you will have a slam dunk case. It would be a good learning experience.

^
There you have it. And you have the summer off, so you have time to go.

If you could get a hold of some lice, then "find" it in the mens locker room and get someone else to "find" it, run out of the locker room screaming "lice" at the top of your lungs, etc. etc

Get an old duffel bag from Goodwill, find a dead animal on the road and put it in the bag, place bag in available locker at club and padlock shut. wipe fingerprints from lock and bag of course. This also works great for airlines who lose your luggage, just place the bag on the luggage carousel and walk away

Go to a thrift store and buy 10-12 hard back volumes of novels, try for the classics if possible, should cost you no more than fifty cents each.

In the front title page, take a red sharpie and in bold print write

PERSONAL PROPERTY OF (FULL NAME OF PF MANAGER)

THIS IS A VERY VALUABLE BOOK, IF FOUND PLEASE CALL (Ph # of PF)

50.00 CASH REWARD

Sign name of PF Manger.

leave these books lying around in public places, park benches, laundrymats, etc

There are some devious ideas in this thread.

I don't really blame anyone though, it's infuriating when some company tries to screw you over, and then get away with it using underhanded bullshit.

Freeze little balls of hamburger solid, and bring them, and sugar cubes, in your gym bag. Move one of the tiles in the bathroom, and toss them up and into the ceiling. The 'burg'll stink and the sugar'll draw ants.

I'm going to use some these ideas just for shits and giggles.

Back