'Planes, trains, and automobiles' wasn't on cable today.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Look cable, you are hanging on by a thread, no matter what your current profits are. On Halloween, 10 different channels run Halloween crap. That's fine, I like that unofficial holiday very much. But uh, thanksgiving is huge, there were like no specials beside the parade(s), and there is one movie we would all like to see..

Just sayin,' 400 channels of bs at 140 a month, when you can't even have everybodies favorite thanksgiving movie on fkn thanksgiving, well I might not re-up in a month.

Look cable, you are hanging on by a thread, no matter what your current profits are. On Halloween, 10 different channels run Halloween crap. That's fine, I like that unofficial holiday very much. But uh, thanksgiving is huge, there were like no specials beside the parade(s), and there is one movie we would all like to see..

Just sayin,' 400 channels of bs at 140 a month, when you can't even have everybodies favorite thanksgiving movie on fkn thanksgiving, well I might not re-up in a month.
I cut the cord months ago and couldn't be happier. Just mad I didn't do it much sooner. Tried all the streaming services and ended up with PSVue.

Last edited:
That makes me really sad. That movie is truly incredible. Hopefully they revamp it. Pretty sure it’s on Netflix or one of the other big three now.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Thankfully I had the physical movie as a backup

Yes, we are all so thankful our forefathers ethnically cleansed these lands, paving the way for McDonalds and walmart.

One of the GOAT movies

F1S3.gif

Canadian Thanksgiving it played for 24 hours straight on most channels!! Our boy John Candy!

Yes, we are all so thankful our forefathers ethnically cleansed these lands, paving the way for McDonalds and walmart.

Better than sparesly populated injuns warring on each other, not building shit and having gangbangs all day.

And they aren't my forefathers. But whatev.

Better than sparesly populated injuns warring on each other, not building shit and having gangbangs all day.

And they aren't my forefathers. But whatev.

Actually the gangbang part sounds intriguing.

I kink it's more like a concerted effort to rid America of its cultural heritage.

I don't don't remember them playing this on cable For years. They have to be aware of the slight. Fucking AMC now plays The Godfather's all day now, have for years. What does that have to do with thanksgiving?

"They're filled with helium, so they're very light."

"They're filled with helium, so they're very light."
You could tell candy almost had trouble with some of those lines. They were kind of odd, but the 80s wasn't quite as self aware, and it didn't hurt anything. It was another movie knock on sales people lol, but that's ok.

I kink it's more like a concerted effort to rid America of its cultural heritage.

I don't don't remember them playing this on cable For years. They have to be aware of the slight. Fucking AMC now plays The Godfather's all day now, have for years. What does that have to do with thanksgiving?
I didn't understand that either.

The part where Candy is like “my friends like me, my wife likes me” and then you find out his wife is dead gets me every time.

This is gonna be unpopular, but I never thought it was that great a movie. Has its moments but some scenes haven't aged well.

Yeah, I long for the good ol' days of hunter/gatherer subsistence living, too.

Yeah, that movie is an all-time classic and easily the best Thanksgiving movie of all time. They should play it in loops for Thanksgiving.

Back