Plain and simple, whats your favorite fight?

nick-diaz_takanori-gomi.gif

Fedor Nog 1
Wand Rampage 1 & 2
Santiago Misaki 2
Jones Gus
DC Gus
Gomi Diaz

That was by far his most disappointing performance. He never should have lost to Chael...

Why not? He's 7-8 in the UFC, not like him losing is atypical.

Dude had to muster up everything he had to barely scrape past an exhausted 45 year old Coleman, there was no way he could get past a gangster from Oregon.

I know its probably pretty hard to pin point one favorite fight but what do you guys think? This can be outside the UFC to. Silva vs Sonnen I is definitely up there for me. The fight that cracks me up the most though has to be this one.

Johnston basically chokeslams the guy and then starts headbutting him lol.

Jose Aldo Vs Mendes 2 was nuts, was watching at the mother in law's house yelling in the middle of the night it was so good.

My personal favorite is Dillashaw Vs Barao 1. I was in awe, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The footwork, the feints, the combos, stance switching. TJ put on a masterful performance the night he became champ.

My two runner ups to round off my top 3 are Lawler Vs McDonald ll and Max Holloway Vs Cub Swanson.

I know most of the fights are from more recent years, and that's because in my opinion the focus on technique over toughness has made MMA more enjoyable. I do enjoy my Melendez Vs Sanchez and Shogun Hendo here and there, but for the most part I've been more into technical back and forth wars.

Lyoto Vs Thiago Silva is also up there. First MMA fight I ever watched. Made me an instant fan of Machida.

3) Serra v. GSP 2 - first UFC PPV I ever bought
2) Rousey v. Holm - The kick. Enough said.
1) Jedrzejczyk v. Penne - sheer brutality that was ranked over 9000.

Thoughts?

Shit, this is tough. But I'll go with Lesnar vs Mir II. Only because I saw Lesnar's potential in their first fight and Mir talked so much shit leading up to the second fight and ended up getting ruined by the better man.

There's quite a few but I particularly enjoyed Conor vs Siver

I just often rewatch Condit vs MacDonald - wonderful back and forth battle with Rory's competitiveness surprising everyone before a brutal last minute finish.

For straight up just bleed fun, Hunt vs Silva 1.

Shogun vs Lil Nog

Man I have seen like 3 or 4 different Shogun fights named in this thread. He really was a special fighter

My favourite Pride fight of all time.
Doesn't get enough recognition as other Pride and Shogun fights.
Very underrated and ignored.

Last edited:
So many of my hero's were on the wrong end of big fights... but Silva / Vitor had me jumping off the couch so maybe that one. Anderson's riddum was off the charts for a while there and it was amazing to watch.

Can't pick a single fight, but these are all in the discussion for me:

Jones v Gus
Robbie v Rory
Pettis v Bendo 1
Shogun v Hendo 1

Five round wars are just the best.

Indeed it was, in fact it was this match i said would give Sakuraba more difficulty as Renzo was more skilled at standup than Royler and Royce.

Agree. I will never forget the look on Henzos face when his arm was hanging there all floppy. Warrior shit right there, from both combatants.

Back