Places to train in Afghanistan?

TrumpetDan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
One of my students is asking if there is any place to train in Afghanistan while he is serving there. He will be in Bagram or Kandahar, he is not sure. Has anybody formed a jiu-jitsu club at any of the bases?

I think some of those dudes train over there. I am not to sure though. I know they have some crossfit stuff going on, so I am sure there is bjj going on as well.

there used to be a pretty awesome gym in Kandahar, but it was hosted by the Canadians, and when they pulled out, it kinda fell apart. I know people train there, but it's not anywhere near the level of BAF.

I'd say Baghram has a decent group of guys, anything from hobbyist to former pros.

Im at Gamberi (flew from Bahgram) and we have 2 classes we have put together...need more people though for diversity. White/Blue belt level though

I asked a friend of mine who worked over there as an independant contractor and trained too. Here's what he said :

Can't create an account. Tell him if his student is at BAF theres 3 gyms that have classes but the best is at the pebble gym on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday nights. I wouldn't be back till February 5th

I just got the news I'm deploying and was wondering this as well. Been a blue belt for about 2 years now. Any info would be appreciated. A couple gi's, fight trunks, rash guards and gloves and shin guards just got added to my packing list.

Crossfit is definitely popular over there, buddy of mine just got back from deployment and came back yoked.

I just got the news I'm deploying and was wondering this as well. Been a blue belt for about 2 years now. Any info would be appreciated. A couple gi's, fight trunks, rash guards and gloves and shin guards just got added to my packing list.

Crossfit is definitely popular over there, buddy of mine just got back from deployment and came back yoked.

it wholly depends on where you are. when I was in Kandahar, I had training 7 days a week, when I moved to Tarin Kot, I had... whenever my buddy wanted to run me through boxing drills.

Some bases have a set program, some don't.

Unless you can say where you are going, and someone on here either having a contact there, or being there, you're just going to have to chance it.

Lashkar Gah MMA. They have a facebook page with all the details on. Been covered in Fighters Only (UK) and Bloody Elbow articles.

there used to be a pretty awesome gym in Kandahar, but it was hosted by the Canadians, and when they pulled out, it kinda fell apart. I know people train there, but it's not anywhere near the level of BAF.

I'd say Baghram has a decent group of guys, anything from hobbyist to former pros.

The place in Kandahar was one of the first places i rolled haha. Awesome gym. I didnt know that it fell apart/they left. Thats too bad.

Back