Opinion Place your bets on when the Trump shutdown will end: better poll inside

When will this shutdown end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I made another poll before but it's confusing so this one has easier to understand answers.

Who were the 'dumb fucks' who did not understand the original poll? What was confusing about the old poll?

Christ 'Clippy', 2025+? That is crazy. There will be no United States left if it goes on for that long.

Who were the 'dumb fucks' who did not understand the original poll? What was confusing about the old poll?

Christ 'Clippy', 2025+? That is crazy. There will be no United States left if it goes on for that long.

You're saying I need to make another poll

Allow a vote in the Senate to see where everyone stands. Funny how Mitch is so afraid of that.

Once pressure gets intense enough so both houses have the votes to override Trump's veto. Don't know how long that will be. Then Trump will do the national emergency thing. Both sides actually get to say they win and not be entirely wrong.

I think it is pretty obvious that a lot depends on the SOTU. If Trump manages to sway public opinion, Democrats may be inclined to look for some sort of compromise. If he makes things worse for his side, he may feel inclined to go the emergency route (which would basit amount to a coup but at the same time eliminate short-term need to fund, therefore making the shutdown obsolete).

I don't think this extends into the second half of February.

I voted January 26-31 on a completely arbitrary belief that no one wants to see this go into February, but I could be wrong af on that.

Trumps got to make the big choices. The shutdown is necessary for border security, you heard the man. If foolish Nancy want's to delay things among others, they are the ones hurting people.

Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, huh?

It's all good, unless you're one of the eggs.

Poll has closed

results locked in

@zebby23 ya gotta get that government open today bud or you're disqualified

Poll has closed

results locked in

@zebby23 ya gotta get that government open today bud or you're disqualified

It’s all good. I should have known that Trump and the republicans would do nothing to offer up solutions. Trump and his fucking vanity wall...

He already can go over their heads. He offered a compromise now he is going to use SOTU to declare a National Emergency for the wall to be built. That way he did what he could and appeased his base, and the ball is in the democrats court to deal on the rest of the shutdown and hamstring them with all the court cases that will start from Hawaii of all places and lock this shit up until the next budget bill.

At least that's what I would advise him to do. It's a win/win.

Back