Place to Train in Columbus GA

Vurbil

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just moved to the Columbus, GA area and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to train. I did an internet search and found a place, but when I went there I didn't like it. It didn't seem like I would really learn anything and it wasn't a professional atmosphere.

My background is basically that I don't have one. I'm turning 34 next month, so it's obviously really late to be starting out, but I love the sport and want to get involved.

I'm looking for a place where I'm really going to get expert instruction (preference would be for wrestling focus, but also BJJ and striking obviously). The issue I've had with a couple of places I've visited is that it seems like it is a bunch of guys just sparing or whatever, and there isn't really anyone there that is truly instructing.

I would like to get pretty serious into training over the next year since my schedule will be light otherwise (my job is paying for me to finish college).

Messiahs is the place I went to. I didn't want to mention it, because I saw no point in calling anyone out. But that place just wasn't for me.

Back