Place to get cheap weight plates

Yeah it's pretty great for carries and even for deadlift - easier to load than a hex bar but handles are about 2" higher. My barbell DL has always been ass because my arms are short compared to my torso or something. I want to improvise a small 2" platform to stand on, so I can do deficit DL on this rickshaw.

2 phone books, NYC edition. pages would slide, you'd break an ankle for holidays. Don't do that. Use a Bible instead

Tried to get pictures to capture the grip distance and height between the Rickshaw and the new REP open trap. Both are great bars.

2 phone books, NYC edition. pages would slide, you'd break an ankle for holidays. Don't do that. Use a Bible instead

Tried to get pictures to capture the grip distance and height between the Rickshaw and the new REP open trap. Both are great bars.

Was curious so just took a pic and measured. Handles exactly 6" higher than barbell on standard size bumpers.

upload_2022-12-3_11-33-31.jpeg

Fuck me no wonder DL is so easy on this thing, it's more like a rack pull. Thought it was about 2" but I need a 6" platform for deficits. Regular book is too thin - I’ll need a big book of excuses for something that thick.

U0P8GNV.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck me no wonder DL is so easy on this thing, it's more like a rack pull. Thought it was about 2" but I need a 6" platform for deficits. Regular book is too thin - I’ll need a big book of excuses for something that thick.
The grip makes it easier too. Can pull 500 without straps on it but have to go mixed grip on straight bar after 400 with sweat. Easier on back too , form stays tighter.

The grip makes it easier too. Can pull 500 without straps on it but have to go mixed grip on straight bar after 400 with sweat. Easier on back too , form stays tighter.

Yeah form definitely feels cleaner on the rickshaw and I'm thinking about subbing it in completely for barbell DL if I can rig up a deficit platform that works. I should just go to Home Depot and get some 2x4's and plywood and get to it. On a barbell I don't do mixed grip anymore but switched to 5-finger suicide grip after I got used to that for bench and OHP, which keeps elbows in tighter. But doing that I need straps DLing over around 275. But on the rickshaw grip feels rock solid without straps and my lower back would probably fail before my grip does.

Yeah form definitely feels cleaner on the rickshaw and I'm thinking about subbing it in completely for barbell DL if I can rig up a deficit platform that works. I should just go to Home Depot and get some 2x4's and plywood and get to it. On a barbell I don't do mixed grip anymore but switched to 5-finger suicide grip after I got used to that for bench and OHP, which keeps elbows in tighter. But doing that I need straps DLing over around 275. But on the rickshaw grip feels rock solid without straps and my lower back would probably fail before my grip does.
2 cinder blocks (8 inch gain) or some 2x8x16 paving toppers, just stack them as high as you need.
Less than $10 and 2 hours faster than cutting wood and cleaning up.

Lol good eye. It's a Titan Rickshaw - absolute bargain at $160 shipped on Amazon (now $175). Smooth metal handles was my only gripe but J&J cloth athletic tape fixed that right up. Same tape I put over the center knurling on my Rogue B&R bar so my neck doesn't get ground up doing front squats and C&J.

Rickshaw on Santa Sale today on Titan. $140
https://www.titan.fitness/strongman/carry/farmers-walk/rickshaw-farmer’s-walk/429993.html

Great purchase for strongman toys. Price is very generous for a trap bar with jacks.

Rickshaw on Santa Sale today on Titan. $140
https://www.titan.fitness/strongman/carry/farmers-walk/rickshaw-farmer’s-walk/429993.html

Great purchase for strongman toys. Price is very generous for a trap bar with jacks.

Total bargain for $140. Only improvements I made were cloth tape over the handles and duct tape over the plastic skids (which pop off otherwise) and then it's fucking perfect. Metal frame is well designed and bomb proof. Weld seams are thick solid and tight and black paint is good quality. Even if you only use it for farmers carries at the end of your workout, it's money well spent. Next time I'm at Home Depot I'll look at cinder blocks and pavers to use as a deficit platform - then I can start doing DL on this thing and become a sexual tyrannosaurus.

I just bought 927 lbs of dumbbells with a rack for $180 through an online auction. Most are 65+ lbs, so they didn't get bid as much as the lower weights. It was an absolutely great deal though. It was not very fun getting everything to my truck though. 2 flights of stairs. Farmers walks up stairs got my legs more sore than they've been in a long time!

@ChickenBrother you were spot on about the Pioneer belt. Mine came in last week and I love it. No real break in period to speak of and the adjustability on it is handy. Tried using it for deficit deadlift today, but my torso is too short for a 4 inch belt on that. I already have a 3 inch belt, but I like the Pioneer so much I might end up ordering the 3 inch version of the one I just got. Popping the latch after a lift is oddly satisfying.

@ChickenBrother you were spot on about the Pioneer belt. Mine came in last week and I love it. No real break in period to speak of and the adjustability on it is handy. Tried using it for deficit deadlift today, but my torso is too short for a 4 inch belt on that. I already have a 3 inch belt, but I like the Pioneer so much I might end up ordering the 3 inch version of the one I just got. Popping the latch after a lift is oddly satisfying.

Great to hear. Yeah mine also digs into my ribs on DL but the difference it makes on squats is amazing. And popping the latch both open and closed is addictive lol. Just a great belt all around.

St. Nick getting close. Thinking the boy needs his own 28mm beginner bar instead of doing everything with a 'starting to rust' 30mm on oly moves.

No shipping update on the slam ball since Friday. I'm imagining it broke out of the box, murdered the FedEx driver, and is rolling itself across the country to my doorstep, like the tire in that one horror movie

Ok so the slam ball is essentially a rubberized sand bag
What you had in mind? It's packed tighter because of the steel shot in it, so it's smaller than a bag of same weight. With tire tread grip so it's easier to hold. It is a glorified sandbag. Still preferred the 100# Titan ball over this oval shaped 100# bag.

What you had in mind? It's packed tighter because of the steel shot in it, so it's smaller than a bag of same weight. With tire tread grip so it's easier to hold. It is a glorified sandbag. Still preferred the 100# Titan ball over this oval shaped 100# bag.
Yeah the slam ball and sandbag definitely fill different niches but can be used interchangeably in a pinch. This 100lbs ball ain't bad at all. Now to just spend $250 on the slam ball program.

So, my woman surprised me today. First, she bought me a sweeeeet Pioneer belt. I'd been pleading for that for months. The second surprise she turned my yoke and rings into a "swing". Keeper? I think keeper.

She brought the Yoke in the bedroom or she turned your gym into a fuckshack? Either way, Keepher

Back