Place to get cheap weight plates

Happy Turkey day to the mislabeled Home Gym thread.
Hope everyone bulks like a sonnabish then gets 2 hour nap recovery.

giphy.gif

Took advantage of one sale so far this year. Got a 4x3 stall mat from Northern Tool for $30. Tractor Supply had 4x6 for $40, but I may have missed that sale and they store theirs outside here. Sucks, but it's raining and I have a car so a smaller dry mat was the way to go.

Wanted to grab a Pioneer belt even though they didn't have a sale, but the stock belts I was considering are all sold out in my size. Fuckin boo this Black Friday

Fuckin boo this Black Friday

There were hella sales this year. So much would have pulled the trigger on, but hadn't even started christmas shopping yet. 3 people are done and getting fitness equipment. The gift of health last longer than toys and candles.

Glad to see plates coming down. Some of them were under $1 a lb for bumpers.

There were hella sales this year. So much would have pulled the trigger on, but hadn't even started christmas shopping yet. 3 people are done and getting fitness equipment. The gift of health last longer than toys and candles.

Glad to see plates coming down. Some of them were under $1 a lb for bumpers.
After seeing your set up I can't imagine there is much that you are lacking. I'm already over my max capacity for my small space so I guess my opinion of the sales is based on what I was looking to add. My brother has the space and financial resources to build a nice space, but that dumb bitch won't commit. If he did it would make gift shopping so much easier.

After seeing your set up I can't imagine there is much that you are lacking. I'm already over my max capacity for my small space so I guess my opinion of the sales is based on what I was looking to add. My brother has the space and financial resources to build a nice space, but that dumb bitch won't commit. If he did it would make gift shopping so much easier.
Alot moves out before more moves in. If it sits 6 months without use then there's someone who wants it more.
Encourage him to start a bro gym if he lives close. Just order what you want as his gift lol

Went ahead and grabbed some stuff from EliteFTS. Got some bands and their squat box. They threw in a free beanie and some straps. Emailed Pioneer to see if they will have the stock belt I want soon. After that I am done spending.

So that dispute with KBK just reached a conclusion that was not in their favor as they never answered the credit card company <Rodgers1>

Pioneer added a new double suede belt to their list of stock belts. I was originally looking at a 4 inch 13mm with suede only on the inside. I was worried about that being too stiff so I grabbed the new one. Tax and shipping brought that booger to $200. Approaching SBD levels at that price, but I haven't really heard anything bad about this company so we'll see. I like the look of it.

Pioneer-Embroidered-Logo-V2-PAL-Stock-Lever-Belt.png

Pioneer-Embroidered-Logo-V2-PAL-Stock-Lever-Belt-Back.png

Do you have to break them in like a baseball glove? Rub it, oil it, sleep with it, masturbate with it on, the usual

Do you have to break them in like a baseball glove? Rub it, oil it, sleep with it, masturbate with it on, the usual
That's what I'm hoping to avoid with the double suede. I've seen people talk about avoiding that size belt completely because of the stiffness, but I already have a 10" 3mm belt so I wanted to try something different. Haven't jerked off beltless since I got the first one and I don't plan on changing once this one gets here.

Pioneer added a new double suede belt to their list of stock belts. I was originally looking at a 4 inch 13mm with suede only on the inside. I was worried about that being too stiff so I grabbed the new one. Tax and shipping brought that booger to $200. Approaching SBD levels at that price, but I haven't really heard anything bad about this company so we'll see. I like the look of it.

Pioneer-Embroidered-Logo-V2-PAL-Stock-Lever-Belt.png

Pioneer-Embroidered-Logo-V2-PAL-Stock-Lever-Belt-Back.png

That belt looks pimp and you're going to be very happy with it. Last year I got the PAL 13mm with suede on the inside only and it's stiff but not too stiff. Comfortable enough from the get go but gets better with break in.

upload_2022-12-2_19-6-19.jpeg

I think the Pioneer PAL may be better than SBD. The SBD finishing might be nicer but with this one, you can just pop the latch into whatever notch you want (about 1" range), without having to move the buckle like on SBD.

As you probably know, with the double suede, the hard leather is about 10mm which is good enough. My single suede is about 11.5mm and that's overkill for me. The only reason I did this custom was because I wanted the kabuki taper thinking it would be more comfortable. But they tapered the wrong end (the outside end with the notch attachment) and I never bothered to complain. The thick ass inside edge feels fine and the bump doesn't bother me at all, especially with the soft suede on top of it. Build quality is excellent and this thing will last forever.

Last edited:
That belt looks pimp and you're going to be very happy with it. Last year I got the PAL 13mm with suede on the inside only and it's stiff but not too stiff. Comfortable enough from the get go but gets better with break in.

View attachment 955926

I think the Pioneer PAL may be better than SBD. The SBD finishing might be nicer but with this one, you can just pop the latch into whatever notch you want (about 1" range), without having to move the buckle like on SBD.

As you probably know, with the double suede, the hard leather is about 10mm which is good enough. My single suede is about 11.5mm and that's overkill for me. The only reason I did this custom was because I wanted the kabuki taper thinking it would make it more comfortable. But they tapered the wrong end (the outside end with the notch attachment) and I never bothered to complain. The thick ass inside edge feels fine and the bump doesn't bother me at all, especially with the soft suede on top of it. Build quality is excellent and this thing will last forever.
Your belt looks nice, a lot like the one I originally wanted. Good to hear the thickness will work. I considered their all leather 13mm belt, but that one wasn't available either.

View attachment 955926

As you probably know, with the double suede, the hard leather is about 10mm which is good enough. My single suede is about 11.5mm and that's overkill for me. The only reason I did this custom was because I wanted the kabuki taper thinking it would make it more comfortable. But they tapered the wrong end (the outside end with the notch attachment) and I never bothered to complain. The thick ass inside edge feels fine and the bump doesn't bother me at all, especially with the soft suede on top of it. Build quality is excellent and this thing will last forever.

Do I spy an athletic taped Rickshaw? You speak my language

Your belt looks nice, a lot like the one I originally wanted. Good to hear the thickness will work. I considered their all leather 13mm belt, but that one wasn't available either.

I considered their 13mm all leather one too (the Kabuki strength version) but with the PAL lever it was cheaper to order a custom belt direct from Pioneer. Using mine now, 13mm all leather would have been overkill for sure unless you're Marius Pudzianowski. And suede on the inside is nice. No regerts but if I could do it again, I'd ask them to do 10mm all leather + suede inside - which is what you're getting but double suede.

Do I spy an athletic taped Rickshaw? You speak my language

Lol good eye. It's a Titan Rickshaw - absolute bargain at $160 shipped on Amazon (now $175). Smooth metal handles was my only gripe but J&J cloth athletic tape fixed that right up. Same tape I put over the center knurling on my Rogue B&R bar so my neck doesn't get ground up doing front squats and C&J.

Last edited:
Lol good eye. It's a Titan Rickshaw - absolute bargain at $160 shipped on Amazon (now $175). Smooth metal handles was my only gripe but J&J cloth athletic tape fixed that right up. Same tape I put over the center knurling on my Rogue B&R bar so my neck doesn't get ground up doing front squats and C&J.

Just did a quick review on that piece. It's one of their top 3 best picks. Haven't been using it as much with carries since the weather sucks. Not trying to get sick going outside in the wet. Save it for weekend workouts in the sunlight. Would recommend to anyone considering adding carries.

Just did a quick review on that piece. It's one of their top 3 best picks. Haven't been using it as much with carries since the weather sucks. Not trying to get sick going outside in the wet. Save it for weekend workouts in the sunlight. Would recommend to anyone considering adding carries.

Yeah it's pretty great for carries and even for deadlift - easier to load than a hex bar but handles are about 2" higher. My barbell DL has always been ass because my arms are short compared to my torso or something. I want to improvise a small 2" platform to stand on, so I can do deficit DL on this rickshaw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back