Place to get cheap weight plates

Mr Mojo Lane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can't find any weight plates at Wal-mart, Target, Dicks, etc. The weight plates on Amazon are stupid expensive. Anyone know a good place?

Lol, nope not really.

Everything is marked up and quickly sold out due to covid/lockdowns. Everyone has the same idea as you, chief.

Even the damn used places are marked up to high hell. Im not even gonna buy more weights till next year. I have 12 45lbs plates tho so I don't need much more. I just want a couple hundos.

How cheap are you looking for?
I don't think I've seen anything in Canada under $2/lb (CAD) other than people's homemade concrete plates

Make them. I've done some with concrete due to price increase of 'rona

I made 2x 70s, a 10 (2 more on way), and might do more 70s or 45s

I've got about 1400 pounds I can let go, but I am sure by the time I ship them to you you'll be out the same money as buying amazon. If you'll accept 100s that are 20 inches in diameter I can get some from a metal shop for you at 1.25/pound.

I've seen several videos on youtube about how to make plates out of concrete. I was also able to obtain plates from fray fitness. You can order them and they will be shipped when they receive stock, took about 3 months to get mine though. Prices were pretty fair, but shipping was not cheap.

If you wait long enough I think a lot of people will selling home gym equipment cheap after this covid crap dies down. Think you'll need a time machine to get cheap weight plates now.

Probably can find some good deals on Craigslist.

been waiting on dumbells to drop under $200 a pair for months

Fucking nowhere man, almost impossible to even get anything that isn't used rn and that shit is still 3x the price it was before covid. China should have to pay the fucking difference.

Ebay is your best bet but even there the price is high and they go out of stock quickly.

Facebook marketplace is where I found mine for 60 cents a pound, but it was right before the pandemic.

There is no such thing as cheap fitness equipment in 2020.

Whatever weights you are looking for - plates, dumbbells, kettlebells - figure on spending minimum $2 per pound.

Crazy times.

There is no such thing as cheap fitness equipment in 2020.

Whatever weights you are looking for - plates, dumbbells, kettlebells - figure on spending minimum $2 per pound.

Crazy times.
I emailed cap fitness and I can get it for a buck fifty including shipping but I have to place Large orders.

There are people that are making concrete plates and selling them on FB and Craigslist.

I know one guy in my area is really gouging prices on weight plates and the gyms are still open around here.

Some companies are starting to get more weight plates in inventory.

Last edited:
Back