Economy Pizza company and Coffee shop that used robots to prepare / serve are closing down

After 69 or so pizzas and coffees how YOU and YOUR STAFF clean YOUR MACHINE or oven makes the customers come back, full stop end it there without this intuition nothing will last.

A generation bought up on Irobot, Terminator, and House of Cards will not phase themselves out quickly lol<Lmaoo>

Silicon Valley Pizza company "Zume Pizza" is closing down its Pizza shops, with a loss of 172 jobs in Mountain View Ca, and another 80 jobs in San Francisco.

According to the article Zume Pizza used robots to make pizza. The company has been doing this since 2016. They are now going to focus on packaging and delivery .

The accompanying picture only shows a robot loading the unbaked pizza but article says robots made the pizza.

A coffee shop in San Francisco closed 3 of its shops ; this shop used robots instead of baristas to prepare and serve coffee.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robots-automated-businesses-close-bay-213931574.html
----

When people go into a coffee shop, especially a niche brand or mom-n-pop store, they want human interaction. Part of the reason for getting the coffee is the atmosphere and expereince of the coffee shop vibe. When you have robots, there is no vibe, it is all very cold. Coffee shops are a bit like bars , in the sense that it isn't just about injesting the product.

Now there are ofcourse folks who just want to grab a cup-of-joe on their way to school or work or at the airport, In these situations a robot is not a detraction.
The problem with Zume wasn't the robots, it was the Pizza. It arrived cold every time I ordered it and the quality was just okay. Mountain Mikes is better and the pizza gets here faster and hotter.

I never understood going and getting coffee, treating it as a social meet. Id say i can do 3...maybe 4 coffees before im getting jittery and have atomic diarrhea. Plus, you gotta drink em fast otherwise they get cold...so, what the fuck?
I get jittery and have atomic d-a if I don't have my 4 cups.

Makes sense. I've recently started thinking the job takeover thing was way overblown.

It's like if Uber used machine-operated cars. Most people, I think, would rather have a human driver because if there was an accident, you're the only human in the car. Same with robotic eating places. It's just weird.

Part of it might be that but the other piece is how overblown some technology is or the prediction on when it will be ready to go. Journalists love writing about it and people will read out of fear/interest. A lot of this stuff will be more gradual and lead to a changing of the human role from what it was previously in that job/ industry.

With that said, I’m surprised a coffee shop couldn’t work for a certain market. I suppose the amount of pay compared to machinery doesn’t make up for the drop in customers. There’s no way this doesn’t come back in time.

When people go into a coffee shop, especially a niche brand or mom-n-pop store, they want human interaction.
Am I really the only one who would prefer a friendly robot?

Run, Don't Walk just did a video on this.

Fast food jobs aren't going anywhere.

Great first the robots took our jobs, not they'll take our UI checks

Great first the robots took our jobs, not they'll take our UI checks

people should order from the one & only reliable establishment known to clipkind

cippy-s-place.jpg

Silicon Valley Pizza company "Zume Pizza" is closing down its Pizza shops, with a loss of 172 jobs in Mountain View Ca, and another 80 jobs in San Francisco.

According to the article Zume Pizza used robots to make pizza. The company has been doing this since 2016. They are now going to focus on packaging and delivery .

The accompanying picture only shows a robot loading the unbaked pizza but article says robots made the pizza.

A coffee shop in San Francisco closed 3 of its shops ; this shop used robots instead of baristas to prepare and serve coffee.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/robots-automated-businesses-close-bay-213931574.html
----

When people go into a coffee shop, especially a niche brand or mom-n-pop store, they want human interaction. Part of the reason for getting the coffee is the atmosphere and expereince of the coffee shop vibe. When you have robots, there is no vibe, it is all very cold. Coffee shops are a bit like bars , in the sense that it isn't just about injesting the product.

Now there are ofcourse folks who just want to grab a cup-of-joe on their way to school or work or at the airport, In these situations a robot is not a detraction.
I find most people that work at time Hortons coffee shops are assholes. I'd welcome robots

I never understood going and getting coffee, treating it as a social meet. Id say i can do 3...maybe 4 coffees before im getting jittery and have atomic diarrhea. Plus, you gotta drink em fast otherwise they get cold...so, what the fuck?
I never understood drinking coffee at all

Who the phuck meets up to drink 4 coffees? People meet up to socialize with friends and coffee stimulates thought and adds enthusiasm. God you are dense af seriously.

Ughhh they raised 375 million in capital and have a valuation of around 2.5 billion - it was never just a 'pizza shop" - that was just a niche that it outgrown and now expanding its technology into broader markets

TS framing of the article is misleading.

There is 3.4% unemployment. Human unemployment. The robot take-over is failing.

Who the phuck meets up to drink 4 coffees? People meet up to socialize with friends and coffee stimulates thought and adds enthusiasm. God you are dense af seriously.
So you're one of thise assholes that pays the bare minimum to justify occupying space over a customer that may have more than 1 cup of coffee?

God you are dumb af.

Ill stick to bars if jerkoffs like you frequent my robot employed cafes.

For pizza shop I wouldn’t care one way or another though I prefer a human cook.

For coffee shop I agree you need human servers. Unless they make it a Star Wars theme then robots would be cool.

Back