Pitbull: Conor McGregor is a nobody; he's just a s--t talker

I want to see Pitbull in the UFC, but he should probably avoid McGregor.

Connor would outright embarass Freire.

People not in the ufc today need to either get in the ufc or shut the fuck up about the guys who are.

Pitbull is just mad Conor has better wins and make more money then he does as "champ".

Its funny a champ needs to shit talk a guy fighting and beating much better competition than he is to get any publicity.

That's so fucking dumb. How about a little empathy and general awareness?

If you were in the position of a fighter who needed to make end's meet you'd go wherever afforded you that opportunity first within reason. You wouldn't be holding out, fighting in Jungle Fights, while doing full-time janitorial work.

Then, after you sign with whoever is offering you significant money first, you don't have the leeway to move to different, bigger organizations, whenever they'll have you. That's not the way it works. There are independent companies. He signed with Bellator initially, they offered him a palatable extension for more financial security, so he's there long-term.

Now all he can do is talk against b.s. rankings that don't remotely reflect reality. Reality is Pitbull has proven significantly more than Conor. You're too ignorant to realize this, but Bellator has a pretty formidable fw division, and Pitbull has fought the best of it, unlike Conor so far in his organization. Conor's organization doesn't dictate that he's automatically fought the better comp. Fighters make the promotion not the other way around. Of course he should complain. You would too. Empathy and knowledge, get some, or you're the one who should be quiet.

You seem to be missing the point. I don't get involved in all this who is the bigger fan nonsense. It's a contest of tallest midget, or arguably shortest. I wouldn't want to be known as someone who puts almost all their time into the accomplishments of others.

The problem in this case really is many here going out of their way to discredit one of the best and most exciting 145 or 135 lb fighters by pointing out they've never heard of him. As if that's an indictment of the fighter as it's intended to be. It's more of an indictment of them on an MMA forum if anything. And fine if someone hasn't heard of him. At least they should keep their mouth shut and not pretend to be properly informed while a talented fighter gets caught in the crossfire of their insecurity. There is the old saying of, "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

If he's so good why isn't he in the UFC?

I can't believe the zuffa zombies are proud of their ignorance.

This thread exposing the so called MMA fans...Nice to see everyone here just watches the UFC and nothing else.

Such a hipster mentality.

I'll watch all organisations BUT... you don't 'need' to watch other organisations to be an MMA fan.

EPL fans who don't watch the French second division are still soccer fans...

NFL fans who don't watch College Ball are still football fans...

Today the UFC is the premier organisation. Everything else is the minor leagues. Yes, there is some good talent out there - Potential top 10 UFC talent but for the most part the UFC's best > Everyone else.

Pitbull is just talking BS. He knows Conor is good. He knows Conor is a very hard challenge [Even though I have no doubt he thinks he would win].

He's just jealous of the attention Conor's getting. Tall poppy syndrome.

Such a hipster mentality.

I'll watch all organisations BUT... you don't 'need' to watch other organisations to be an MMA fan.

EPL fans who don't watch the French second division are still soccer fans...

NFL fans who don't watch College Ball are still football fans...

Today the UFC is the premier organisation. Everything else is the minor leagues. Yes, there is some good talent out there - Potential top 10 UFC talent but for the most part the UFC's best > Everyone else.

Pitbull is just talking BS. He know's Conor is good. He knows he would have a tough time [Even though I have no doubt he thinks he would win].

He's just jealous of the attention Conor's getting. Tall poppy syndrome.

NFL fans don't rag on the best senior college football players because they didn't declare their eligibility as Juniors.

I don't understand how someone could care enough about MMA to make an account on Sherdog, but also not care enough about MMA to be aware of a top fighter in the second biggest promotion in the sport. Like, I honestly can't wrap my head around that.

Anyway, Pitbull's probably just trying to get people talking about him.

If he's so good why isn't he in the UFC?

Why don't you read my subsequent post. I explained it thoroughly there.

Really, it's a tremendously silly thing to ask though, as if the UFC are GOD of scouting, have the right priorities with all their signing criteria, or even get absolutely everybody they want.

Ben Askren was over-qualified for the UFC to sign and they neglected him for style and competitor sabotaging reasons.

UFC wanted Khalidov, Bibiano, Aoki, etc. but they all thought they could make more money in their respective local organizations where they were draws so that's where they stayed.

Lima was one of the top prospects in MMA when he signed with Bellator. UFC must have wanted him but he probably thought he could make money quickly in the tourney format where you got 100k plus sponsors over 3 months if you just won your fights. Then they offered him a raise as part of an extension so he took it for financial security.

Have you ever asked yourself why there is an in flux of Russians in the UFC recently? Do you think they just got good at MMA, or UFC previously just neglected them because they were unmarketable Eastern Euros for the most part? I bet it was that they just got good, 10 years after the rise of Fedor. Bellator was signing many of the top prospects out of Russia before the public started seeing how well they were doing over there. Then the UFC followed suit, but after that point a number of better talents were already locked in at Bellator. Bellator also had a connection with Rusfighters camp thru one of their champs Shlemenko, so they got a couple guys UFC wanted even like Koreshkov and Minakov.

That's why some good fighters actually aren't in the UFC. Amazing how they couldn't get absolutely every one of them, isn't it?

J league.

We get your 'Schtick' Rav.
So Conor came from the J-league and is the GOAT but Pitbull coming from the D-league would be crushed by UFC competition?

At least Pitbull didn't lose to a flyweight jobber in the minors.

Pitbull is just mad Conor has better wins
Yikes.

I didn't know people could be this dumb.

Yikes.

I didn't know people could be this dumb.

A couple of years ago it was "cool" around here to be knowledgeable about things outside the UFC. Seems like the opposite now "he's not in the ufc, so I don't know him. Must be some bum"

Back