Pitbull: Conor McGregor is a nobody; he's just a s--t talker

If he fought vs Lentz I would put my money on Pitbull but I wouldn't argue that Lentz is top 10. Not my top 10, see I don't base my opinions on that of the masses but rather the weakness' and strengths presented in the hours of fight footage I watch.

But yes, I would say Freire over Lentz.

I can't believe guys are saying they don't know this guy on Sherdog. Patricio is a legit top ten talent, I don't check rankings that often but he's more than held his own with the top FW's in Bellator as a blown up BW. Hopefully Strauss doesn't grapplefuck him, and he can keep working on his game and get into the UFC as a new BW contender. And dude who acted like nobody knows what the IFL is it was on FSN all the time in the mid 2000's and had fights with guys like Hieron, Lindland, Roy, Rothwell, Renzo, Horn, Lawler, and had an interesting team setup. Also having the time to "acquire" events and fast forward to the fights doesn't mean you don't have a life.

1) Aldo
2) Mendes
3) Edgar
4) Lamas
5) Swanson
6) McGregor
7) Poirier
8) Bermudez
9) Lentz
10) Oliveira
11) Siver
14) Holloway

I think of these top 10, (I included Holloway because potential indicates he will be top 10 very soon) that Freire loses to most of these fighters. The only ones I think he beats are Lentz, Poirier and Siver. Those fights would be tough for him too.

JonSnitchPhones,

Let's bump this thread depending on the level of opponents he receives. The only way my statement is untrue is if they 1) Give him low level talent to begin 2) Give him low level talent after he losses to build him up.

That's farfetched, on account he has already beaten two top 10 levels in Curran and Straus, both of which are rangy to boot. Curran was top 5 at one point, and top 10 when Pitbull beat him, even in the UFC biased rankings. So it's silly to think he'd lose to 3 theoretically random top 10's in a row.

UFC would probably try to match him up tough stylistically to sabotage the competition, provided Bellator is still around. But it would hard to find 3 guys who would be rightful favorites over him. They'd have to be like McGregor, Aldo, and Swanson. He's a stylistic nightmare for guys like Frankie and Mendes. Built like a fire hydrant, a bitch to take down at this point, high-level timing and combos, better power than Mendes even, and especially Edgar. Nevermind lower top 10's like Lentz, Bermudez, and Siver. Those fights would practically be over before they started. Lentz and Siver incidentally are top 10 primarily off beating Nunes less decisively than Patricio did.

Name one solid opponent Curran has had that would excel in the UFC. He lost to that bum Alvarez even :(

Who? In all seriousness there's tons of "pitbulls" in MMA. Most overused nickname in fighting.

Back