Pitbull bans (and bans for similar dogs)

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
No. It makes me look like I have the ability to use critical thinking to properly analyse statistics. If you blindly believe any statistics you see because they fit your pre-existing world view, then you're doing it wrong. This is why more people should take college statistics courses. This is what you learn in school kiddo.

I've done the research, just because you don't want to accept evidence that interferes with your views doesn't mean it isn't valid.

We will have to just agree to disagree.

0b4d923d65fdad8e6cea9c41d22839b6.jpg

Pitbulls are a working dog... that profession is to kill.

I’m sick of seeing clowns defend them. How many people have been mauled because of meatheads with a savoir complex, “rescuing” terrible, aggressive dogs? A lot.

The real reason pitbull lovers are so vocal is because they’re in denial with themselves too. Post all the pictures of your kill machine in a flower headdress you want, it doesn’t refute cold hard facts.

Neuter every pitbull. There is zero logical reason anyone should own these absolute liabilities.

Pitbulls are a working dog... that profession is to kill.

I’m sick of seeing clowns defend them. How many people have been mauled because of meatheads with a savoir complex, “rescuing” terrible, aggressive dogs? A lot.

The real reason pitbull lovers are so vocal is because they’re in denial with themselves too. Post all the pictures of your kill machine in a flower headdress you want, it doesn’t refute cold hard facts.

Neuter every pitbull. There is zero logical reason anyone should own these absolute liabilities.
Chances are you wouldn't know a pitbull 8fbit lovingly humped your leg. Or you'd be cool with outlawing over a dozen breeds and any short haired muscular pup.

They should be allowed to die out with forced neutering and spading a mandatory requirement for owning one. Same with all the pit bulls that aren't really pure pits.

Massive fines for having one that isn't fixed

Better idea: Anytime there is a pitbull attack, dog ring, etc we execute all the dogs involved and all the owners.

Remove the poor pups that were raised to be aggressive and get rid of the scum that did that to them.

Chances are you wouldn't know a pitbull 8fbit lovingly humped your leg. Or you'd be cool with outlawing over a dozen breeds and any short haired muscular pup.
The pitbull being nice once totally refutes all the data. You should post a picture of one in a pink dress too to really show me how sweet they really are. No need to look up statistics!

If they were good dogs, they wouldn’t all get shipped off to shelters. Literally every shelter is full of these pieces of shit because they’re so hard to deal with. ~75% of all animal rescue resources go to keeping them because their owners realized what they are and got rid of them.

Plus how many attacks happen and the breed gets changed or hidden? I mean, shelters adopt “labrador mixes” all the time, despite being obviously pure breed pitbulls.

Given that pitbulls and similar breeds are fetish items for meatheads/guilders/antisocial people, do you think these dogs should be banned? I'm well aware that they can be raised to not be violent. But given their market, and their potential for harm, I support city bans on them.
I love Pitbull's. I had a Staffordshire Pitbull cross. The vet who examined him knew he was a Pitbull cross but wrote down that he was a pure Staffordshire and for that I am eternally grateful. He was dog aggressive though so I had to be on point when we went for walks but I could not have wished for a more affectionate pet. I think a better solution should be licenses for all dog owners. Any dog can be a danger and people should not be able to just own them with out adequate training.

I don't think I've ever met a "mean" pit in my life. My buddy's bit the shit out of me once but that was probably because it was sleeping and I put it in a crossface chicken wing.

I don't think I've ever met a "mean" pit in my life. My buddy's bit the shit out of me once but that was probably because it was sleeping and I put it in a crossface chicken wing.

Did he tap?

Better idea: Anytime there is a pitbull attack, dog ring, etc we execute all the dogs involved and all the owners.

Remove the poor pups that were raised to be aggressive and get rid of the scum that did that to them.
I like it. I say by beheading with Samurai swords
<mma4>

The pitbull being nice once totally refutes all the data. You should post a picture of one in a pink dress too to really show me how sweet they really are. No need to look up statistics!

If they were good dogs, they wouldn’t all get shipped off to shelters. Literally every shelter is full of these pieces of shit because they’re so hard to deal with. ~75% of all animal rescue resources go to keeping them because their owners realized what they are and got rid of them.

Plus how many attacks happen and the breed gets changed or hidden? I mean, shelters adopt “labrador mixes” all the time, despite being obviously pure breed pitbulls.
Your first paragraph is histrionic mental illness territory.

Statistics in this case are less than clear, as it's less than clear what we're talking about. Pitbull, pitbull type, pitbull mix? When everything from a 45 pound mutt to 120lbs curr is considered the same breed what exactly do you want banned? My sister's pup looks like shepherd mix, is around 50lbs and looks absolutely nothing like a bully breed unless you know what to look for. But her mom was a little red nose. So she'd get a pass but some boxer mix is a no go?

Make owners liable and come down on shitty irresponsible owners. Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

Meh. May as well ban cars that go too fast or accelerate too quickly, too.

You have to hold owners responsible for their property, imho, not nanny state it.

Imagine if Malinois became the choice of human trash everywhere? Jesus. It would be like replacing zombies in horror flicks with faster, smarter zombies.

The way pitbulls were bred to fight has made them uniquely more dangerous than other breeds. Endorphines and serotonin are flooded into their system when they are attacking, so they don't stop, even on command from their owner. To their brains, they are on the greatest high on earth while in attack mode. Some have to be knocked unconscious or even killed to save other animals or children.

The unique "don't stop until its dead" attack style of the pitbull presents a unique danger to society not present in other domesticated breeds. Just how we bred civility into other dogs, we bred civility out when designing the pitbull to be a baiting/fighting dog.

Back