Pitbull bans (and bans for similar dogs)

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
After seeing the story about the Dude who watched his Pomeranian get ripped apart by two put bulls before being attacked himself by the dogs, Id personally euthanize them all myself

Emotional? No idea where that came from.

Anything I link you could find something to counter it with. So, if you actually care about the truth just Google dog bite stats and spend 5 minutes looking at charts. The data is similar, but the terminology varies.

Just use common sense.

You're saying every mixed breed dog that has some pitbull in it and kills a person is categorized as a pitbull kill and NOT categorized as a kill by whatever breed the pit is mixed with.

So by your logic a pit/rottweiler mix is categorized as a pit kill and not a rottweiler kill, right? Should be easy to provide proof of that.

No theory, plenty times they just call it a "pit bull type dog" there was already a huge thread on here built on the bases of "pit bull types" statistics. That chart not differentiating between Staffys or apbt's really proves him right. Let alone Abulldogs Dogos Presas Bullys and whatever pit mix mutts and whatever the fuck that fits the physical build.

Link to a reputable source that a pit/rottweiler mix counts as a pitbull kill and not a rottweiler kill?

You're right that it doesn't change minds but the same goes for anything I think. I go there to read up on things I don't know about (obviously from the educated and respected posters) and to fire shots at hypocritical conservative posters... I guess I'm part of the problem

Do you fire shots at hypocritical liberal posters?

Do you mean Inbreeding?

No. Purebreeding a dog reinforces traits that people find desirable (their punched in down syndrome fucked up skull). Its criminal almost for health reasons for pugs. They struggle to breathe, snore more than they should, get sinus infections, have smaller skulls so less intelligent capacity. Luckily they are so dumb they are harmless to a nat.

Inbreeding produces tempermental issues; common among some pit breeds and why some just snap. The people who want them for fighting inbreed them. Then if they ever give them up or one breeds with another while out on the run, you have those traits passed on to whatever dog it bred with. If you inbreed a dog or do it enough times you have a very fucked up genetic line. It just makes it worse with dogs that are big, muscular, tough etc. Be glad in todays world people dont do this with mastiffs, ridgebacks and ovcharkas.

Given that pitbulls and similar breeds are fetish items for meatheads/guilders/antisocial people, do you think these dogs should be banned? I'm well aware that they can be raised to not be violent. But given their market, and their potential for harm, I support city bans on them.
48948118.jpg

After seeing the story about the Dude who watched his Pomeranian get ripped apart by two put bulls before being attacked himself by the dogs, Id personally euthanize them all myself
but the dude had a pomeranian tho...

those little shits are just as bad.

BSL seems not to work, because pitbulls as a general category have been banned in my province since 2005, yet I see them on a regular basis.

The majority of dog owners are unqualified They coddle the animal, but don't understand how to train it and socialize it. For most dogs, the worst thing that can happen as a result is barking, growling, maybe it nips someone a few times throughout its lifespan.
What is BSL?

You're ignorant of the facts if you believe my post is wrong. Of course, if you actually had a real point you would have typed actual words. Dog bite/attack statistics are bullshit.

which is why we should Euthanize every pitbull in a shelter, and require all current pitbull owners to spay and neuter their pits or we euthanize them.

I'm not saying we kill pits that currently have owners, just the ones in the shelters, b/c NO ONE wants these pits, and they take up shelter space for like almost any other dog that is 1000000% more adoptable than a fucking kid killing pit.

And yes, that's what they are, cuz they kill kids, and ppl who goto shelters get a dog for their kids, while a shelter won't ever disuade you from a particular breed or animal, they're going to find a proper "fit" for you and your family, and that is 100% not going to be a pit, there's a reason why all the fucking pits are kept in the back of the shelter.

Can you point to the genes that define what type of dog is a pitbull vs any other breed? Or are you just proposing that any dog that looks a certain way should die? What about boxers? What about mastiffs? What about Rottweilers? What if a dog is a mutt?

Your idea is retarded.

You're ignorant of the facts if you believe my post is wrong. Of course, if you actually had a real point you would have typed actual words. Dog bite/attack statistics are bullshit.

Why waste words on someone who thinks dog attack statistics are bullshit because it doesn't support their argument.

Can you point to the genes that define what type of dog is a pitbull vs any other breed? Or are you just proposing that any dog that looks a certain way should die? What about boxers? What about mastiffs? What about Rottweilers? What if a dog is a mutt?
if it looks like a pit to a trained vet, then kill it.

duh, pretty simple.

I don't agree with breed specific legislation. Pit bulls are illegal here but I just might get another one. Had to put my boy down last year, he was legal though because he was born before the bullshit ban went into place. Best damn dog I ever had, RIP.

Suppose it's like the gun issue.

Its only a problem if society has irresponsible members in it. If everyone is good, honest and well meaning there is no issue at all.
need the pitbull to protect oneself from the tyranny of government.

Why waste words on someone who thinks dog attack statistics are bullshit because it doesn't support their argument.

I made very specific points as to why the dog bite statistics are bullshit. If you think my points aren't valid, then feel free to refute them. It's not my fault that you don't use critical thinking skills.

My guess is you don't have a single point that disputes my reasons as to why the study is bullshit, which is why you're going with the whole "why waste words" bullshit. You're just emotional and ignorant.

if it looks like a pit to a trained vet, then kill it.

duh, pretty simple.

That's retarded considering pits aren't anymore dangerous than any other breed their size.

I made very specific points as to why the dog bite statistics are bullshit. If you think my points aren't valid, then feel free to refute them. It's not my fault that you don't use critical thinking skills.

My guess is you don't have a single point that disputes my reasons as to why the study is bullshit, which is why you're going with the whole "why waste words" bullshit. You're just emotional and ignorant.

You don't have to believe the stats, but just realize it makes you look silly and emotional.

You don't have to believe the stats, but just realize it makes you look silly and emotional.

No. It makes me look like I have the ability to use critical thinking to properly analyse statistics. If you blindly believe any statistics you see because they fit your pre-existing world view, then you're doing it wrong. This is why more people should take college statistics courses. This is what you learn in school kiddo.

Back