Pit bulls attack 6 year old and rips her jaw off...

I think it's a pretty simple explanation for why pitbull winds up on the top of bite lists. For one, the term pitbull is supposed to indicate a very specific breed of dog, but in reality there are tons of mutts that wind up on those lists as pitbulls because they maintain some of the boxy characteristics of the breed. I would bet that a large chunk of pitbulls on those lists are actually equally other breeds like labradors.

In addition to misidentification of the breed, there isn't a good record of how many dogs identified as pitbulls are actually on the streets. There's almost certainly a larger number of dogs that classify as pitbulls than any other breed. Compared to other large "pure-breed" dogs, they are incredibly common. If you have a 5% chance of an attack from a population of 100 dog A and 1000 dog B, then obviously you'll have more incidents of B attacking.

Ultimately people don't get pitbulls at all. The dogs were bred for a variety of reasons, including hunting and hanging out. They weren't bred to be human aggressive, and they don't have some silly predisposition to attack.

I've had pitbulls and other large dogs my entire life. My pitbull is 5 years old and has never shown aggression once. I've never seen a pitbull with a good home that wasn't friendly.

The biggest problem is the breed is cheap and available to anyone really easily. So they tend to wind up as cheap, poorly taken care of "guard dogs". They aren't shown the right love, discipline and exercise to be healthy dogs. You can't get a dog like that and not give it the proper exercise and mental stimulation otherwise they Gerry pent up energy that results in bad behavior.

That's just my opinion on the matter. I've had pits all my life with zero aggression shown. The one sleeping at my feet right now is possibly the best dog I've ever owned.

And sitting next to him is my beautiful, one year old blue cane corso. She's sitting at 80lbs and should settle down at around 150lbs. People want to talk shit about how they might as well own a tiger might want to look into the mastiff family. My cane corso is a pet tiger. My pitbull is a pet pussy.

The plural of annecdote isn't data.

Your personal experience, like that of the other posters in this thread, is irrelevant, and does not serve to inform the policy question, which is whether personal liberty and affection for the bread outweigh the evident danger and severity of pitbull attacks compared to other breeds.

No you didn't. As a matter of fact you couldn't since all sources combine pit breed statistics.
Honestly I have no idea what the fuck you are even going on about at this point. We. Are. Finished. Here.

Gay bashing? stay classy cuck.
Buddy you gotta deal with the consequences of being on the losing end of a sig bet or in your case a some dudes schlong you poofter.

Honestly I have no idea what the fuck you are even going on about at this point. We. Are. Finished. Here.

Buddy you gotta deal with the consequences of being on the losing end of a sig bet or in your case a some dudes schlong you poofter.
Yet you keep replying. Seems in addition to pitbullshit you're also an expert on alternative lifestyle, it's fascinating to you ain't it?

If people continue to be allowed to own pit bulls this will continue to happen. It's pretty fucked up. I know not all of them or bad or a lot of them were great before they snap but can't you just pick a different kind of dog? They don't look good. What's so great about them.

If you let people have pit bulls you might as well just let people have pet tigers.

Its funny this post of mine got bumped. After this post I ended up meeting a pit bull and hanging out for a weekend through my girlfriends extended family. It was a great dog by most accounts. It was extremely cuddly and fun. They adopted it from their son who by all accounts took great care of it. I left thinking maybe I was wrong about pits.

Two weeks later it nearly killed their cat. Then it arguably saved the mom from being assaulted while jogging. That's quite a spectrum of consequences and benefits for ownership.

Ultimately, I still think the breed shouldn't really be allowed or popularized. I know there are responsible owners and that those dogs are likely never going to rip a little girls face off....but still, they can injure other peoples pets. Then there is the large population of owners who mistreat the dogs and basically condition them to be violent. Those dogs pose a serious risk to society.

If they weren't in circulation there wouldn't be a problem. Then again, I am extreme on a lot of issues. I don't think cigarettes should be sold either since they obviously kill people. Sure you could argue some people can smoke casually and be fine or smoke heavily and not suffer too greatly...but I argue the burden is too great. Just outlaw them.

The plural of annecdote isn't data.

Your personal experience, like that of the other posters in this thread, is irrelevant, and does not serve to inform the policy question, which is whether personal liberty and affection for the bread outweigh the evident danger and severity of pitbull attacks compared to other breeds.

I'm talking about the ability to properly analyse the data being presented in this thread you idiot. It's damn near impossible to determine how many pitbulls are running around the streets when they don't register them like other large pure breeds and most attacks attributed to pitbulls could also be attributed to the other breeds found in their genes.

When I was 4, I was attacked by a pit. I was very lucky. It only got a couple really good bites on me before it was pulled off. But I still ended up with about 60 stitches. Basically my left ear had to be reattached, it was just kind of hanging down there. You can't even tell now, but if I look really, really close in a mirror, my left ear does hang just a tad lower.

So you would think that I would be about as anti-pit as anyone. But I'm not. The part of the story that you have not heard yet was that this dog had responsible owners, and was generally well behaved. It was chained in the owners back yard, which I had snuck into, when the event took place. And at the precise time of the attack, I was poking it with a stick. Not to be mean, I just wanted to play with it. I was a stupid fucking 4 year old.

It's generally not a good idea to put children in close proximity with dogs until they have got the opportunity to become familiar with one another. A lot of children, especially ones that do not have pets themselves, do not know how to behave around pets. They end up provoking them by accident. Not saying that happened here. Just suggesting there could be a lot of variables.

People keep quoting me on a thread from 2014.

The fuck people, move on. Im sure other kids have been killed by other pits. Find those stories.

Back