Pissed Off For Losing My Wrestling Match

bjjfighter91

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im so pissed im a first year wrestler 103 pound and i lost 5-6 in a jv match. I got so pissed cause i know i could of beat him. So it was 3-6 and i got a takedown. And i had a half nelson and then the time blew. 5 seconds and i would of had 2 points for back points or atleast 1 which would of tied it up. So i went to coach and told him that i should of won and that i got too tired. And he said its ok u've been sick for awhile and havent been coming to practice. But still i think i should of won that. So right now im just kinda pissed. And im tryin to look for some good wrestling camps.

Hey, losses happen...just take what you can from the match and move on (that being don't get sick! :p )

where do you live where you can get one back point?

Oshime2 said:
where do you live where you can get one back point?

lol i was thinking the same exact thing............. you can almost smell the b.s through the computer huh?

If I told any coach I was tired he would have made me start running that second. If you lose don't use lame excuses just suck it up and work harder on the areas you need to fix ie. conditioning.

in canada we get one point for taking their back.. and thats how its been for a long time

No excuses man. You gas, its your own fault. That's the beauty of wrestling, its all you.

haha dont worry a friend of mine lost all his wrestling matches so far (9), and he is moore cocky then ever, and hey 9 losses is always better then 0 fights

kick his ass next time hold a vendetta pretend he slabbered to u dat makes me angry and quicker and sharper but cn fight and wrestle wit controled anger.lllllllooooooollllllllll just believe in urself next time no u cn win it.

bjjfighter91 said:
im so pissed im a first year wrestler 103 pound and i lost 5-6 in a jv match. I got so pissed cause i know i could of beat him. So it was 3-6 and i got a takedown. And i had a half nelson and then the time blew. 5 seconds and i would of had 2 points for back points or atleast 1 which would of tied it up. So i went to coach and told him that i should of won and that i got too tired. And he said its ok u've been sick for awhile and havent been coming to practice. But still i think i should of won that. So right now im just kinda pissed. And im tryin to look for some good wrestling camps.
If you're a first year wrestler then don't feel so bad. Chances are the guy might have had some experience on you. That being said, since when can you get 1 back point?

DeathByDefault said:
in canada we get one point for taking their back.. and thats how its been for a long time

Sorry, didn't see this post.

Gassing was your own fault, and that's to be expected in your first match. Nobody ever realizes how exhausting it is until your first match.

Hmm.. Why the excuses? You lost, big deal. A wise man sees failure as progress.

NEAR FALL (2 OR 3 POINTS)
Points for a near fall are awarded when a wrestler has control of his or her opponent in a near pinning
position for a certain amount of time. A near fall occurs when the defensive wrestler is in one of the
following positions: 1) both of his/her shoulders are restrained four of fewer inches from the mat, 2) one
shoulder is touching the mat, with the other shoulder at a 45° angle to the mat, or 3) he or she is in a high
bridge (arching backwards on head and feet), or supported on both elbows. If near fall criteria is met for
the Referees count of two seconds, the near fall is worth two points, if the near fall occurs for five seconds
or more it is worth three points. An offensive wrestler may not score two consecutive sets of near fall
points with the same hold.

I think I'm even more pissed for missing the whole wrestling season.

I love it when people say "I could've beaten him". If you should have, you would have. The other guy had just as much chance to win as you did. Suck it up. You lost, it just wasn't your day. The more excuses you try to make, the worse it makes you look.

Back