Piriformis syndrome

Massage with some Isometrics, pin and stretch and trigger point release will help target the issue. Piriformis Syndrome is when your piriformis is compressing or pinching your sciatic nerve. I am helping one of my clients (57 yo) with diagnosed piriformis syndrome twice a week. His case is pretty severe though. He is walking normally now from when I first saw him.... Before we started, he was walking like an infant, or as if he was hammered. Now he's golfing and It definitely can be helped without cortisone shots or doctors visits.

Massage works.

I’m going to get a massage after i finish smolov this Saturday.

I had this for a long time. I was walking with externally rotated feet for sure. I don't remember all the symptoms I had but I think I got it from bridging all the time in bjj.

The only thing I was able to do that helped me was to do the foam rolling/stretches that bjpennfw2016 posted about and weighted hip thrusts. Eventually it felt like the hip thrusts were able to help me 'relearn' the movement patterns so I would recruit more of that muscle when doing hip extension movements. I probably don't know at all about what I am talking about but I super vaguely remember reading that the hip external rotators can be called upon to do hip extension in certain positions, but now I cannot find anything to support that claim *shrug*.

Back