Pinklon Thomas/Mike Tyson...

I'd probably go along the lines of

Berbick, Ribalta...I don't find any of his other wins to be that impressive tbh, and no I'm not drinking the haterade.

Outside of Bruno, Berbick, and Jose I think the vast majority of the opponents Tyson fought and beat were scared of him and refused to fight, which I'll admit is impressive in the mental game, or they were drug addicted or had some horrible physical attribute that got taken advantage of, like Carl Williams's chin, or Pinklon Thomas's body going through withdrawls.

Has Tucker even been mentioned in the thread yet?

Maybe I'm off on this, but considering career stage (eliminating the "name value" of a couple) and what they brought to the table against Tyson, along with Ruddock, I think of Tucker as one of Tyson's two best opponents during that part of his career.

Maybe I'm off on this, but considering career stage (eliminating the "name value" of a couple) and what they brought to the table against Tyson, along with Ruddock, I think of Tucker as one of Tyson's two best opponents during that part of his career.

He hasn't been mentioned, but as you so accurately pointed out he should've.

I thought that too after posting.
Tucker was at that "I can do it" point in his career still and he had fine fundies, size and condition.

I must be getting old, because Im rather sickened by the poll on the front page with a majority of sherdoggers wanting to see a washed up, old and out of shape Mike Tyson fight Kimbo.

Im glad the rumors I awoke to this morning are just that, because to be honest it put me in a bad mood for the beginning of my day.

I must be getting old, because Im rather sickened by the poll on the front page with a majority of sherdoggers wanting to see a washed up, old and out of shape Mike Tyson fight Kimbo.

Im glad the rumors I awoke to this morning are just that, because to be honest it put me in a bad mood for the beginning of my day.

age=wisdom

I was actually going to edit my last comment in this thread, because that internet guy doesnt deserve to have his name mentioned in this forum, much less with the likes of Iron Mike Tyson.

kimbo vs tyson is so sad in so many ways.

I get pissed everytime i hear about it. I do think bean has a shot though...i mean he's working on his stand up now...according to mr. bean himself.

his ground game has caught up!

Gary Shaw is quoted on the front page as saying Kimbo would knock The Bean out. The hell he would!

Kimbo would take The Bean down, and real quick. We've all seen him on his back, and its not a very pretty sight. To stand with the Bean, would be a bad idea for that hyped Internet sensation.

Sorry, I wont hijack this thread anymore with my rants.

Outside of Bruno, Berbick, and Jose I think the vast majority of the opponents Tyson fought and beat were scared of him and refused to fight, which I'll admit is impressive in the mental game,

I can't remember the first fight too well, but in the second one Bruno was terrified. He crossed himself more times than a heretic locked in a room with the Spanish inquisition.

Shame really, as I seem to remember him landed a couple of bombs on Tyson in their first fight (although he ended up like the others)

Larry Holmes and Tony Tucker were probably the two best guys Tyson fought. Spinks was smallish and it was over before it started. The Holmes fight was impressive because it was the only time we really saw Larry fungo'd. Tucker was an impressive opponent with the record, but the fight itself wasn't a winner. As for Pinklon Thomas, he was far past his best days, and his addiction to drugs sapped pretty much all of his athletic ability. The knockout was predictable, and in typical Tyson fashion. Biggs was mentioned in this thread, and I believe that fight deserves honorable mention in the way Tyson cut him down, and even outjabbed his longer armed foe.

Great sum up by Kid mccoy.

As for Thomas he was a super talented athlete who was shot by 25 due to drugs. Even the Thomas who went in aganst Tyson was shot.

This kind of black american athlete doesnt enter the world of boxing anymore, they go into basketball.

I had Tucker in at number 2 on the first page. That was definitely one of his best wins.

Back