Pinkie and 4th finger strength

Tornado

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what you guys do to strengthen these miserable fingers, aside from training with grippers?

edit: I'm asking because I could use the strength. My exercise pool is huge but I'm curious to know how the grip freaks on the board get their last two digits' strength higher, since mine are crap compared to the first three fingers.

Inverted gripper closes using those two fingers and pinch gripping with those two fingers as well.

blockweights exercises with those two finger.

Thanks guys. I work on those three for the next couple months.

Ironmind just came out with a COC version with a very short handle. I think they call it the TUG or something like that. The idea is that you can use it to focus on particular fingers.

right.jpg
< I don't have a pinky knuckle :(

Dash_Riprock said:
Ironmind just came out with a COC version with a very short handle. I think they call it the TUG or something like that. The idea is that you can use it to focus on particular fingers.

my brother got a pair and he's not lending me them.

There's no reason to buy the tugs IMO. If you want to use a gripper to train you lower fingers, buy a guide or sport, or maybe an ivanko supergipper. Myself, I don't like making investments I don't feel are neccessary, so I'll be sticking to blockweights.

Ok this might sound stupid, but why not just hang off a chinup bar with those fingers? I tried that today and it's pretty tough. Actually yeah it does sound stupid.

Deadlifts with those fingers only. Have to use light assed weights but it works.

TheNerdKing said:
Deadlifts with those fingers only. Have to use light assed weights but it works.

thank you very very much. why I didn't think of that, I don't know.

Urban - is right again.

For building total hand strength and digit specific strength - BLOCKWEIGHTS are unparalleled.

You can use the end of broken dumbbells, rocks, 2x4's or 5 lb or 10 lb plates stacked together.

Back