Media Pink goof doubles down on Brendan Loughnane.

it will be a great day on earth when dana has the inevitable stroke

People continuously asking about it are fucking with this mans career

He would have been in the UFC by years end but people keep talking about the shit

exactly, you can still get in, the UFC has seen you, if they need a short notice replacement etc, they can get you a 10/10 or whatever n let you get your shot then. He didn't even say anything bad but he wasn't a fan of trying to go for a TD when there are people trying to finish fights. He wants fighters who go for the finish, not just try to win. Be exciting, he needs some new stars you fuckin goofs.

Lol @ Dana acting like a dictator of a small country

You do one thing he doesn’t like at that moment and you’re out for good

It is weird to me so many people have a problem with what Dana is saying. The whole premise of the show is he picks who gets a contract. He is telling you exactly what he wants. Fighters can fight anyway they want and get the win but if you don't do what he wants you just won't be getting a contract.

I don't get why he cares this much. I'd say majority of the people he signs from these stupid spin off shows will probably turn into point fighters as soon as they're in. It's almost what everyone does, because they know winning won't get them cut.

Last edited:
So everyone is bitching about the kid not getting signed? If he did get signed and we see his 20/20 payscale everyone will be bitching again about pay?

This Brendan kid can go sign with Bellator or Onefc and make hundreds of thousands according to posters. Which is what Dana practically implying he can do. This might a blessing as this is the most traffic this Brendan will get at the moment.

I must I have not seen the show or this fight.
But I gotta ask... Are the winners guaranteed a UFC fight / contract?
If not then I dont really see the problem.

I must I have not seen the show or this fight.
But I gotta ask... Are the winners guaranteed a UFC fight / contract?
If not then I dont really see the problem.
Not sure, I think i think your performance is your job application, not if you win.

Not sure, I think i think your performance is your job application, not if you win.

Well then...
I dont see the problem.

But on the other hand I have seen threads lately bitching about Karen Bryan and others abut stuff that happened years ago. Sherdog needs to be upset.

Well then...
I dont see the problem.

But on the other hand I have seen threads lately bitching about Karen Bryan and others abut stuff that happened years ago. Sherdog needs to be upset.
It's the norm it seems like nowadays. I found it pathetic bringing up something from the past specially years ago the fighters and coaches already have solved it, just to bitch about the UFC.

Can you imagine the pressure on Brendan now

Play this scenario out

Some savage like Gregor Gillespie’s opponent pulls out
The ufc call Brendan ‘hey guy you wanna last minute fight not in your weight class’

Brendan..’well I can’t say no’
‘And if I lose I’m black listed even further’
‘And I can’t shoot for a takedown’

Everyone, including Loughrane himself, misses the whole point.

He didn't get signed, not because he went for a TD in the last 10 seconds, but because he did it to just get the W when he could've and should've tried to get the finish.

If you're not going to put in the effort to get a finish against that guy, you're not going to do it against anyone. That was a guy that he should've taken out, and he had a golden chance, and instead he chose not to go for a finish.

Nobody's saying you have to stand and bang, but the whole point of DWTNCS is that fighters fight hard to make a big splash, get everyone talking about them. They make it very clear that finishes are highly valued. VERY clear. That includes subs. Had he gone for a takedown but then quickly transitioned to a sub attempt or thrown ground strikes with finishing intent, he wouldn't be in this position. He's not being passed over because he went to the ground, it's the way he did it and the clear reasoning behind it that showed he'd rather ride the fight out than give the fans the big finish, or even to attempt that.

This guy's being made an example of, and that's always inherently a little unfair. But I see why he got chosen as the example -- fighting hard, fighting well, and winning are things MANY up and comers do. The guys they want are the guys people will say "oh I gotta tune in to watch that guy." That's not a guy who rides out the last 10, 20 seconds of a fight when his opponent is badly hurt.

He's not being blackballed -- at least not yet, he could if he talks his way into it -- he just didn't get a contract. I think when it comes to making an example of someone, that's enough to do the job but not excessive. I understand his point that he would've done something different if he was told specifically not to do that, but I don't know how much clearer their desire for finishes on this show could be. If he just went for the finish, and still went to decision, we wouldn't be here, but at least try.

Man hes such a petty fucking piece of shit. Now hes blacklisted because people who thought it was bullshit probably blew up his twitter and instagram.

Ha yeah, like when he didn't sign Paige Vanzant's boyfriend/husband (even though he got a 1st or 2nd rd finish) because you know the Big Tomato was just seething with envy that she was fucking someone else. It was so obvious, the guy didn't stand a chance, and so Bellator grabbed him up.

This is what interpreted in what Dana is looking in the Contender Series. Fighters who go for the finish, not what Hendricks did.

People continuously asking about it are fucking with this mans career

He would have been in the UFC by years end but people keep talking about the shit

Yes, they're fucking with his career and not the manchild who's angry about a takedown.

Everyone is complaining about this shit. But no one seems to trully get it.

This is not a vendetta against this guy. It is a message to every fighter who is yet to fight on the contenders series. It is a strong move for the immediate future of that tv show.

Good for dana.

Do you want to be a fucking fighter?

Back