Ping: Rockhold is "done, real shame he broke his jaw and got KO'd cold"

Rockhold never fully recovered from the Bisping loss. It's a shame really, his ego was what made him great but also his downfall.

"Luke broke his jaw" how?
Jan broke his jaw....it's not like Luke did it to himself....

Well, if it's anything like Jones vs Santos, Rockhold must have came in to the fight with a cracked jaw. We all know fighters can't possibly do anything to cause an injury. :D

Qme0RNF.jpg
Wow...that’s just...wow

He doesn’t even throw his check hook anymore and his movement is gone, Luke Thomas sucks but did a good video on it
Was that like his last video? I heard that guy is basically done now.

He should train with Overeem. See how he rejuvenated his career after a similar ordeal.

Overeem is one of the most positive minded, resilient and resourceful fighters in combat sports history. I've never seen anyone else reinvent themselves so many times after brutal losses, then come back and put great wins together completely undeterred by past failure. Dude will abandon strategies that have been very good to him in an effort to figure out new wins to win without taking damage. I've never seen Rockhold change anything at all. He just acts like his losses weren't supposed to happen, then comes back once he's feeling cocky again. It's a bizarre thing to watch play out over and over again.

I don’t think Luke is on Bispings level. I am not sure if anyone is. That comeback was incredible.

Bisping might be the most mentally strong fighter that has ever fought in the UFC. He never reinvented himself or really went back to the drawing board. Dude just kept working at it, regardless of the injuries and losses he took to PED users in the process. He had unwavering self-belief and was ready to keep doing it right up until it might have meant going completely blind. There aren't many guys in the world who'd pursue anything to the level Bisping did with fighting.

I believe him
Why would Bisping get satisfaction from Luke losing?
He already got the last laugh when he knocked him out and took his belt
Yeah he wouldn't like to see him lose like what he said about Anderson Silva losing makes him look bad and trivializes his victories over them

Overeem is one of the most positive minded, resilient and resourceful fighters in combat sports history. I've never seen anyone else reinvent themselves so many times after brutal losses, then come back and put great wins together completely undeterred by past failure. Dude will abandon strategies that have been very good to him in an effort to figure out new wins to win without taking damage. I've never seen Rockhold change anything at all. He just acts like his losses weren't supposed to happen, then comes back once he's feeling cocky again. It's a bizarre thing to watch play out over and over again.

Bisping might be the most mentally strong fighter that has ever fought in the UFC. He never reinvented himself or really went back to the drawing board. Dude just kept working at it, regardless of the injuries and losses he took to PED users in the process. He had unwavering self-belief and was ready to keep doing it right up until it might have meant going completely blind. There aren't many guys in the world who'd pursue anything to the level Bisping did with fighting.
Hitting rock bottom humbles you, though.

I know people are split about Ping. Some saw him making a face turn against Rockhold, but some saw him as the lesser evil just for that one time.

JFtljCz.jpg

Bisping took Luke's soul, and chin.

Yes I know a lot about orthopedics and orthopedic surgery, i'm well read, plus medical family. I know bone repair times and all that, and I also know about ligaments and tendons. Had all of that myself, multiple times.

My comment on broken lower mandible is essentially that it can be a demoralizing injury due to the nature of the fix, the fact that is impacts talking, eating, almost any facial movement etc. If you read up on other people who have had broken jaws, such as Makdessi, it's quite instructive in that multiple people who've had that injury have considered whether they want to carry on with fighting as it's such a bad injury and obviously also due to teh fact that it may re-occur as getting slugged in the face / jaw is the nature of the game.

Thanks, nice explanation on your reasoning. Only thing I'd add is it would depend on how the jaw is fixed into place.
If it's plated it's not really that bad as you are eating solids, talking etc far quicker but if wired I imagine that would be far worse.

Thanks, nice explanation on your reasoning. Only thing I'd add is it would depend on how the jaw is fixed into place.
If it's plated it's not really that bad as you are eating solids, talking etc far quicker but if wired I imagine that would be far worse.
Yeah I'd be interested to know how bad Rockhold's jaw break is, and if steel or titatnium plates fixed it or it required steel wiring. Obviously there's different levels of breaks, and some are wayyyy nastier than others.

Bottom line, a jaw break is not fun at all, it's usually way worse with complications than a femur or tibia/fibula / humerus (ugh!) break in that (apart from anything else) your jaw / head is involved with a lot of day-to-day activity, it's not easily as isolated as an arm or leg.

There's plenty of injuries that are "preferable" to a broken jaw. So as much as Rockhold *can* be arrogant and annoying in his UFD persona....., I do wish him rest and full recuperation.

Some guys have metal in their jaw after they got it broken. Their "chin" is sometimes back.

This board swore up and down that he was going to run MW and beat Jones at LHW despite there being years of evidence to the contrary.

That being said, I can't stand the guy, but I do hope he recovers well. If he does come back, fight a can and leave the gloves in the cage.

He's never touching a belt.

If he continues, he should go back to AKA. Keeps looking worse every time with Henri Hooft. Whatever shit Hooft put in Rashad Evan’s water, is the same shit he’s putting in Luke’s.

Bisping is a different animal to Rockhold.

'You just can't let it go can you ' he said after he knocked him out in the rematch.

Sadly that's so true of Rockhold. Ping doesn't need Rockhold to be successful and he certainly doesn't need to mock him, Rockhold does that to himself just by being him. Sad really.

Bispong is a dumbass. Rockhold didn't get KO'd cold. What a cuck. You can tell Bispong has CTE very badly, since he has fucking clue what a KO is and he is supposed to be some pro ufc commentator too? If he wants to know what being KO'd cold is like, then he needs to watch his fight vs Dan, b/c he sure as hell don't remember that shit.

Back