Ping: Rockhold is "done, real shame he broke his jaw and got KO'd cold"

Well he's not wrong. As much hate as Rocksalt gets, I don't wanna see the guy with permanent brain damage or anything. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Hopefully he's real with himself and calls it a career.

3 KO's in 4 fights and in that other fight, David Branch had him on wobbly legs in the first round. Rocksalt has 0 chin.

Of course we all like seeing Luke get KO'd but there comes a time when I truly want the best for people, so with that said, retire Luke!

If you keep fighting, I will keep wanting to see you get KO'd and that's not really healthy for either of us.

Qme0RNF.jpg
The funniest shoop from that fight is still rockhold up against the cage with the hat and drink in his hand.

I had thought this for some time, If Mike Bisping is one hitter quittering you, you might have a suspect chin. It's now getting exploited.

It would be a bad look for Bisping to claim otherwise, but I don't believe him. Rockhold mocked him for his eye injury and I doubt Bisping suddenly started to case for Rockhold' well-being. I guess we'll never know.
Goes to show how bad rockhold has performed lately lol

True! It never gets old. Chin up, hands down one more time. Eventually just the wind of a punch will knock him out.
Be a decent human being. Do you really want to him to become a punch drunk idiot like some of the other vets?

"Luke broke his jaw" how?
Jan broke his jaw....it's not like Luke did it to himself....

Blame it on Rockhold.
The man cant help but being cocky, every single time even when he is coming back from a losing streak.
Wont cry for him

Luke couldn't absorb it because he was in a really shitty stance. He's standing with his feet level and close together, there's no stability and nowhere to go but down if he gets hit. A 90 lbs girl could've knocked him over backwards.
O1XWFmF.jpg
Jan is a big guy and at 205 it does not take much. Regardless if he was squared up he was still dazed as hell from the punch and out of with the follow up shots.

He was hurt at the end of the first round against Jan, he’s the worst combo, fading and delusional.

He should train with Overeem. See how he rejuvenated his career after a similar ordeal.

I don’t think Luke is on Bispings level. I am not sure if anyone is. That comeback was incredible.

I just don't think Luke is gonna fight again. Broken jaw is a bad injury, it's slow to fix and painful and I just think he's gonna pull the plug.

This isn't true, 3mth and bones are almost 100%.
Ligaments, tendons and cartilage injuries are hell to heal

Luke wasn't knocked out cold in any of those fights. If you want to see somebody knocked out cold, watch Askren-Masvidal or Hendo-Bisping.

You dont have to stay sleeping to be out cold. Bisping had him out cold, Romero definitely had him out cold, and Jan put his lights out officially, too. He just regained his hazy senses quicker tha. Askren or Bisping.

Its partly I think Rockhold's dodgy boxing defence being exposed and partly him losing motivation after his UFC title run ended.

Some fighters can get away with half assing it but I don't think he's one of them, his style needs to be at its best to win as it tends to depend on pulling off great moments to finish/turn fights.

This isn't true, 3mth and bones are almost 100%.
Ligaments, tendons and cartilage injuries are hell to heal
Yes I know a lot about orthopedics and orthopedic surgery, i'm well read, plus medical family. I know bone repair times and all that, and I also know about ligaments and tendons. Had all of that myself, multiple times.

My comment on broken lower mandible is essentially that it can be a demoralizing injury due to the nature of the fix, the fact that is impacts talking, eating, almost any facial movement etc. If you read up on other people who have had broken jaws, such as Makdessi, it's quite instructive in that multiple people who've had that injury have considered whether they want to carry on with fighting as it's such a bad injury and obviously also due to teh fact that it may re-occur as getting slugged in the face / jaw is the nature of the game.

Back