Ping: Andrade's win over Rose was a fluke

What's your opinion on the fight?

• Total voters
amazing how many retards seriously don't know what a fluke is.

intent is irrelevant.

you gigantic morons.

<{fry}>

Not sure if serious.

100% serious.

Bisping's punch wasn't flukey at all, Luke has shit boxing defense, left an opening, Bisping threw a punch which connected and finished the job.

Jessica picked up Rose and slammed her to avoid being subbed or put in a worse position herself. She didn't plan on KO'ing her with it. It just happened. She slammed her earlier and almost got armbarred for her troubles.

I very seriously doubt anyone in MMA uses the slam to KO thing as a real effective method of fighting.

100% serious.

Bisping's punch wasn't flukey at all, Luke has shit boxing defense, left an opening, Bisping threw a punch which connected and finished the job.

Jessica picked up Rose and slammed her to avoid being subbed or put in a worse position herself. She didn't plan on KO'ing her with it. It just happened. She slammed her earlier and almost got armbarred for her troubles.

I very seriously doubt anyone in MMA uses the slam to KO thing as a real effective method of fighting.
Slamming someone on their head is definitely done with the intent to hurt them.

It's not likely to reoccur but it was the intent to knock her out.

This wasn't a fluke. She dropped Rose hard. It's a high energy move to pick someone up like that. You do it specifically because you know that if you can get them up and drop them hard it has potential to do a lot of damage and may even end the fight.

BUT, in general there's a section of Sherdog that put's waaaaaaaay too much stock in "intent" when determining whether or not something is a fluke.

If I stand on the roof of a 10 story building, close my eyes, and turn three times, and hook shot a basket ball, hoping to sink the shot, nothing but net, into the basketball hoop on the playground court below, and it does actually and miraculously go in, well that's still a fluke... even though it was my intent.

I am amazed at how stupid people in this forum are.

A 'fluke' does not mean it the result of the fight was unintentional, it means it is highly unlikely to repeat itself.

Was Andrade's win a fluke? That depends on who you think would win in the majority of cases.

Was Andrade's slam a fluke? That depends on whether you think her slamming Rose is likely to occur in a fight between them.

Ping sounds so Asian tho, corny nickname. Change it.

You seriously didnt see rose holding on to that kimura attempt that got her there ? I guarantee if she let go. it wouldnt happen

There's some truth in this... but mostly just in a "butterfly effect" sort of way. (i.e. If she moves in any sort of different way in that particular situation, she probably doesn't land the exact same way, and so she probably doesn't get KOd.)

Dom was so busy covering his ass about the whole "This is genius defense; no way can she get slammed if she keeps doing this" nonsense, that he invented a whole new nonsense about how he knows exactly how she would have landed if she'd let go, and DC jumped on board a bit.

The truth is, it's not nearly as rare as they made it out to be for someone to get high crotched, thrown ass over teakettle, and land on their head.

the intent of lifting rose up and slamming her wasn't the fluke, andrade had done it already but rose locked in the hold preventing the slam.

the fluke part of andrade's win is that rose landed on her head and went out, had rose landed on her back and was fine, there's a good chance rose would've gotten back to her feat, tried to slip in a submission, either way rose would've gotten back to her feat and continued to tag andrade in the stand up.

andrade was lucky that rose landed on her head and went out, that is the only reason why andrade won is because rose landed on her head and went out....its not like andrade's game plan with her team was "hey guys i'm going to try and slam rose and hope that when she lands that she lands right on her head and gets ko'd". If you believe that your a friggen moron.

andrade won only because she was lucky enough to have rose land on her head, had rose let go or landed on her back, chances are rose would've won that fight...andrade was getting outclassed.

How can picking someone up and slamming them on their head be a fluke, if your intention was to pick them up and slam them on their back or head...

She’s done that move a lot, generally people don’t land on the head and get knocked out.

Bisping has thrown punches a lot, they generally don't knock anyone out so I guess by his logic we'd have to call his win over Rockhold a fluke.

Commentators should't be saying shit like this, it's silly and ignorant. Landing a low percentage move that you drill and are known for isn't a fluke it's a testament to skill and physical albility.

Back