Ping: Andrade's win over Rose was a fluke

What's your opinion on the fight?

• Total voters
<28>

Ramblings of a drunken ex fighter

If she let go it'd make it easier to pick her up in high crotch though

I'm not saying it wasn't an error, I'm saying the credit should go to the person who did the work.
But it avoids being slammed on their head. The mistake rose paid for

But it avoids being slammed on their head. The mistake rose paid for
I think you're still supposed to rotate when you have the kimura grip though....because either way you can't just hold the sub while landing like that

While the game plan certainly was the intent of slamming Rose through the mat the fluke is that it really worked perfectly.

The fact that she got KO'ed from the slam was pretty flukey in the sense slams generally don't always end up with a devastating KO.
However the game plan from the corner to switch the high single into a slam after realizing that she didn't let go and looked for the kimura after the first slam was brilliant. Perfect game plan.

It still doesn't cancel the fact that Andrade was getting schooled on the feet prior to the slam. One of those situations where if Rose was hunting for an instant rematch it would be an obvious choice to pursue another fight.

I wouldn't call it a fluke. I think it was piss poor fight IQ from Rose though.

It wasn't a fluke. It was just avoidable from Rose point of view. She just made a pretty bad mistake. But credits still go to Andrade.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a fluke. Would it happen again? Probably not. I'd pick Rose in a rematch. The reality is, Rose made a mistake and lost because of it. It has a flukey feel to it because a rematch wouldn't end the same way, but it definitely wasn't a fluke. Enjoy it while it lasts, Jessica.

I don’t know. When you pick someone up and drop them on their head with the intent to kill them I don’t think you can call it a fluke if they get knocked out.

It's not likely to reoccur but it was the intent to knock her out.

Ridiculous. Slammed her with the intent to hurt her, and hurt her. That's no fluke.

Andrade said her intent was to slam Rose on her back for the purpose of landing ground and pound, but that Rose fell on her head because she held onto the arm. So no, her intent was not to slam Rose on her head or to KO her.

In my estimation, it was a bit of a fluke. Andrade didn't intend the result, it's highly unlikely to happen again, and she was getting dominated up to that point. That seems like the very definition of fluke to me. However, Rose made a huge mistake by holding onto the arm and paid dearly for it. Sometimes fights/games aren't determined by something great the victor did, but rather by a mistake the loser made. Rose made a mistake, and Andrade won fair and square.

Andrade said her intent was to slam Rose on her back for the purpose of landing ground and pound, but that Rose fell on her head because she held onto the arm. So no, her intent was not to slam Rose on her head or to KO her.

In my estimation, it was a bit of a fluke. Andrade didn't intend the result, it's highly unlikely to happen again, and she was getting dominated up to that point. That seems like the very definition of fluke to me. However, Rose made a huge mistake by holding onto the arm and paid dearly for it. Sometimes fights/games aren't determined by something great the victor did, but rather by a mistake the loser made. Rose made a mistake, and Andrade won fair and square.
Every slam is done to hurt the opponent. Either ko them or stun them so you can follow up with gnp.

If you land a hard jab and it just happens to drop your opponent and set up a finish, that's not a fluke simply because most jabs dont drop people.Cerrone has done it multiple times.

And it's well known that not releasing a sub can lead to getting koed from a slam. It's somewhat rare but isn't some once in a lifetime occurrence.

Michael Ping is right, this gotta be one of the flukiest title wins ever, Slam defense Rose destroys Andrade in a rematch

It was a fluke on Rose's side. She didnt think she would get OKed, not a fluke on Jessica's side. She meant to do that.

No. A fluke is a freak occurrence, not a game plan

Andrade's gameplan was quite obviously to just survive on the feet, get her on the fence in a clinch and slam her through the mat

Which is literally what happened
No fucking way her game plan was to win with a slam. I'm sure she planned to use them but actually planning to win from the slam is moronic. Rose did something stupid and held on while in the air, it's hard to imagine many champions doing that. Slams are actually pretty risky because it's incredibly hard to get damage off of one when the opponent is fighting back. It's an opportunistic thing, not an entire game plan.

You seriously didnt see rose holding on to that kimura attempt that got her there ? I guarantee if she let go. it wouldnt happen
It doesn't matter Rose can't stop her takedowns and she wasn't checking any of those legs kicks. There's just no way she can keep that pace. If rose lets go of that kimura, she's has Andrade on top of her. That slam was a turning point in the match no matter what.

As Rose mentioned, she got lazy and impatient.
#1 She went in trying to KO Andrade instead of going in and out like she did all night. That's how Andrade got a hold of her in the first place.
#2 Instead of adjusting, she lazily held on to that kimura and KTFO. If she let go of the kimura it would've been a different story.

Rose is the better fighter. They will fix this and combat the slam correctly in the rematch. Rose in rematch 100% if they fight again. But I think Rose retires. She was champ, and paid off her mortgage. She don't need to fight anymore.

But motivated Rose takes Andrade 10/10 times.

i dont get why everyone counted andrades out, it's not like rose is some killer, she's good but not great and her style was jj's counter.

Back