Ping: Andrade's win over Rose was a fluke

What's your opinion on the fight?

• Total voters

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Rofl at the irony of Ping saying that.

"Jessica Andrade is now the champ. I didn’t see it happening to be honest. Do you know what? I think, and I shouldn’t say this cuz it’s doing a disservice to Jessica Andrade and maybe even being disrespectful, which I’m not trying to do,” said Ping.

“It was kind of a fluke. Do you know what I mean? That doesn’t happen. She’s done that move a lot, generally people don’t land on the head and get knocked out. That’s not to say in a rematch she couldn’t win, but I’d definitely favor Rose in the rematch after what I saw in that first round and a half,” he added. “That said, as I said that does come off a little bit disrespectful. That’s not my intention.”

Ping is a fluke win personified tbh.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/5/15/...ica-andrade-win-rose-namajunas-slam-fluke-mma

I don’t know. When you pick someone up and drop them on their head with the intent to kill them I don’t think you can call it a fluke if they get knocked out.

* To level-set, I was cheering for Rose.
* Rd1 was a beautiful striking display performed by Rose and Andrade had zero answer for it.
* The slam was the second attempt and obviously part of her arsenal, Rose’s team and fight fans recognized this. Rose specialized a defense just to counter the slam. The second slam attempt was sucessful.

Yep, it was a fluke...

Complete hearsay and conjecture. If they never fight again the only fact is that Andrade won, in violent KO fashion, with the most devastating slam WMMA has ever seen to this point.

It's not likely to reoccur but it was the intent to knock her out.

* To level-set, I was cheering for Rose.
* Rd1 was a beautiful striking display performed by Rose and Andrade had zero answer for it.
* The slam was the second attempt and obviously part of her arsenal, Rose’s team and fight fans recognized this. Rose specialized a defense just to counter the slam. The second slam attempt was sucessful.

Yep, it was a fluke...
No. A fluke is a freak occurrence, not a game plan

Andrade's gameplan was quite obviously to just survive on the feet, get her on the fence in a clinch and slam her through the mat

Which is literally what happened

What is it with the fluke shit, we all know a slam can knock someone out. A fluke would be her slipping on a banana peel and as her foot goes flying upwards kicks her opponent in the head and knocks her out.

you know what is a fluke? bispings glorious knockout of rockhold.

Ridiculous. Slammed her with the intent to hurt her, and hurt her. That's no fluke.

Ridiculous. Slammed her with the intent to hurt her, and hurt her. That's no fluke.

No. A fluke is a freak occurrence, not a game plan

Andrade's gameplan was quite obviously to just survive on the feet, get her on the fence in a clinch and slam her through the mat

Which is literally what happened
It was more of roses error then Jessica's natty slam

The guy says...

I don’t want to be disrespectful, but here goes...
And he said it twice.

Pretty rude, imo.

I like Rose much , much more and i was rooting for her but NO. Andrade was picking her up and slamming her before that ko. Bad fighting iq from Rose but tbh idk how could she avoid that if she got totally outpowered.

It was more of roses error then Jessica's natty slam
So when i pick you up and slam you on your head, it's you accidentally making the mistake of.....getting slammed on your head?

Lol

So when i pick you up and slam you on your head, it's you accidentally making the mistake of.....getting slammed on your head?

Lol
You seriously didnt see rose holding on to that kimura attempt that got her there ? I guarantee if she let go. it wouldnt happen

You seriously didnt see rose holding on to that kimura attempt that got her there ? I guarantee if she let go. it wouldnt happen
If she let go it'd make it easier to pick her up in high crotch though

I'm not saying it wasn't an error, I'm saying the credit should go to the person who did the work.

Back