pineapple question!

DI99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
when is the best time to eat pineapple? and how much of it should i eat per day? (i love it but wanna make sure i dont eat too much of it, or is there even such thing as too much pineapple? lol)

anyways, i've read about it and some people say to eat it on an empty stomach, but others say to eat it right after a meal.
i know it flushes out your system and is very good for you, so im basically trying to find out what the best time to eat it is for the best effects of flushing out your system, and other benefits.

If your nutrition regimen is so great that you need to worry about such trivial things as the timing of your pineapple consumption, you're beyond the point of needing to ask questions on a forum...

I don't know what you mean about "flushing out your system." Sure, pineapple has fiber and antioxidants...but so does every other fruit and vegetable.

pineapple does have bromeline (sp?) which helps to digest protein so you could eat it with a whole food protein meal to aid in digestion.

pineapple does have bromeline (sp?) which helps to digest protein so you could eat it with a whole food protein meal to aid in digestion.

i always knew there was something special about toast hawaii.

If your nutrition regimen is so great that you need to worry about such trivial things as the timing of your pineapple consumption, you're beyond the point of needing to ask questions on a forum...

I don't know what you mean about "flushing out your system." Sure, pineapple has fiber and antioxidants...but so does every other fruit and vegetable.

lol.. this has nothing to do with me "timing" my pineapple consumption. i'm just asking a simple question out of curiosity. sure, i love pineapple and i often snack on it and other fruit rather than eating unhealthy things, but i'm not crazy about it like you seemed to assume in your post.

i just read in an article that krzysztof soszynski eats a large pineapple after his 2-3 hour cheat meal to flush out his system because pineapple is one of, if not the best fruit to do so with.

after i read that it was kind of interesting to me, so i just searched up a couple things about it and noticed some people saying to eat it on an empty/low stomach for the best effects, but others said its better to eat it just after finishing a meal

lol.. this has nothing to do with me "timing" my pineapple consumption. i'm just asking a simple question out of curiosity. sure, i love pineapple and i often snack on it and other fruit rather than eating unhealthy things, but i'm not crazy about it like you seemed to assume in your post.

i just read in an article that krzysztof soszynski eats a large pineapple after his 2-3 hour cheat meal to flush out his system because pineapple is one of, if not the best fruit to do so with.

after i read that it was kind of interesting to me, so i just searched up a couple things about it and noticed some people saying to eat it on an empty/low stomach for the best effects, but others said its better to eat it just after finishing a meal

whaaaaaaat?

I'm still confused. What do you think the "effects" of a pineapple are?

^Right, no one knows what you're talking about. How would pineapple "flush out your system," and what exactly do you mean by "flush out your system?" What are we flushing here, anyway?

Last edited:
sorry for any confusion caused here, my apologies haha. i just read up on a few articles and sites that pineapples are the best fruits for you because they make your bones stronger and "flush out your system" very well. by that, im on the same page as you guys, and i assume "flush out your system" means gets rid of or cleans all the bad nutrients that you consumed?
anyways im asking the question because im obviously not sure myself lol, figured a few people around here might know a bit more about it than me. i've read some pretty interesting shit about it though!

Seeing as pineapple has bromelain, I have always thought that the flushing of the system referred to better digestion of nutrients so that you aren't so "backed up/clogged"....could be wrong, just what I saw it as

Seeing as pineapple has bromelain, I have always thought that the flushing of the system referred to better digestion of nutrients so that you aren't so "backed up/clogged"....could be wrong, just what I saw it as

yes thats exactly it, well its what i got out of it after reading things about it. just couldnt get the words together to explain it better haha

TS, I think part of the issue is the fact that your first post said

when is the best time to eat pineapple? ...so im basically trying to find out what the best time to eat it is for the best effects of flushing out your system, and other benefits.

and then when someone made a semi-smartass remark about it, you said

lol.. this has nothing to do with me "timing" my pineapple consumption. i'm just asking a simple question out of curiosity.

So...asking about the timing of your pineapple consumption twice, then immediately saying it's not about the timing of your pineapple consumption probably comes across as a little bit confusing.

TS, I think part of the issue is the fact that your first post said

and then when someone made a semi-smartass remark about it, you said

So...asking about the timing of your pineapple consumption twice, then immediately saying it's not about the timing of your pineapple consumption probably comes across as a little bit confusing.

No, not at all. I never once said it has anything to do with MY diet (it really doesn't), and for any confusion caused, like I previously said, its just something I looked into and out of curiosity, had a few questions about it.

Why do people like you even post on this thread? Whether it has something to do with mine or anybody else's diet or not has nothing to do with this. The question is very clear, and I'm looking for answers, not bashing or smart remarks about it

We're all trying to help, but your question is as clear as mud. No one has any idea what you're referring to. The only unique property of pineapple that has been raised in this thread (by another poster, BTW), is bromelain, which could aid in the digestion of protein, but it has nothing to do with "flushing you out," as you put it.

We're all trying to help, but your question is as clear as mud. No one has any idea what you're referring to. The only unique property of pineapple that has been raised in this thread (by another poster, BTW), is bromelain, which could aid in the digestion of protein, but it has nothing to do with "flushing you out," as you put it.

the question really had nothing to do with the whole "flushing out the system" part, well, it wasnt meant for the confusion of it anyways, regardless i think its cleared up now, so back to the actual question if anybody has some knowledge on it: when is the best time to eat them, and how much a day is a good amount?

when is the best time to eat them, and how much a day is a good amount?

There are probably no studies that are going to give you a "correct" answer, and I suspect that the anecdotal evidence will be all across the board.

However, if you are taking pineapple in the hopes that it will help your digestion of other foods, then logically you should probably be eating pineapple with those other foods that you want it to help digest.

You're on your own for dosage, and I think this would be heavily goal dependent. If you are on a fixed calorie diet, then adding pineapple means taking something else out. More might be better from a digestive standpoint, but poor from an insulin management perspective.

There are probably no studies that are going to give you a "correct" answer, and I suspect that the anecdotal evidence will be all across the board.

However, if you are taking pineapple in the hopes that it will help your digestion of other foods, then logically you should probably be eating pineapple with those other foods that you want it to help digest.

You're on your own for dosage, and I think this would be heavily goal dependent. If you are on a fixed calorie diet, then adding pineapple means taking something else out. More might be better from a digestive standpoint, but poor from an insulin management perspective.

thanks you, these are the types of answers/opinions im looking for!:)

when is the best time to eat pineapple?

...so im basically trying to find out what the best time to eat it is for the best effects of flushing out your system, and other benefits.

lol.. this has nothing to do with me "timing" my pineapple consumption.

so back to the actual question if anybody has some knowledge on it: when is the best time to eat them, and how much a day is a good amount?

You'll have to pardon my confusion over what you're asking.

Back