Pillow fists fighters that developed KO power

I don't think most guys really improve their power, they just get more comfortable in the stand up and learn how to land and place their punches better

Indeed -- he was a journeyman for a while then he went on an all-out violence terror.

Stipe Miocic is another one perhaps -- he wasn't much of a finisher until he knocked out Fabio Maldonado as I recall.
That was just the two fights previous to fabio. Stipe had actually stopped virtually every other opponent by ko/ tko up until that point although not in the ufc

Werdum went from zero power to 8 point wrecking ball.

Do bronx following that path.....

Alot of this isnt really that guys didnt have the power- just didnt have the technique to use it or - maybe- in the wrong weight class.

...during their career?

from this

ChillyEarnestGoitered-size_restricted.gif

to this

HelplessPastelBushbaby-size_restricted.gif
Dariush , He might've had power before but he prefered (and still does) to use his grappling but over time he also developed solid punching technique to go with it.

I don't think you Masvidal's history...He's always been powerful his decisions usually come from panic wrestling...

AbandonedDeliciousBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

He went 14 fights for six years from 2009 to 2015 with no TKO/KO wins. The Cerrone TKO was very early on in his baptising resurrection.

I like Jan, he has good boxing, but I'm not sold on his power. His famous KO's were Glasshold and Corey Anderson
<Durant35>
The shot he hit Rockhold with would have starched pretty much anyone. That said, he doesn't land that shot clean on anyone with decent defense.

He smashed the everdurable Woodleys ribs. This is a new era of Colby
Woodley injured himself. Probably fell wrong when he let Colby take him down.

Only thing Colby's fists are smashing are marshmallows. And thats IF theyre taken out of the plastic wrapper.

Woodley injured himself. Probably fell wrong when he let Colby take him down.

Only thing Colby's fists are smashing are marshmallows. And thats IF theyre taken out of the plastic wrapper.
Woodley himself said they broke early rounds and that he made it worse in the 5th. Colbys hands of stone must of busted him up real bad

Im not saying Woodley was pillowfisted but he started KOing people in UFC not so kuch before UFC iirc.

I dont like the term plllow fists really,esp when it applies to mma,but Nogueira wasnt known for his ko power,but when he put on mass later in his career,he ko'd schaub and dropped other opponents like herman and werdum,that kind of stuff we didnt see from him too much.

When we still called him “Ryoto,” Machida was regarded as a safe decision fighter that would take very little risks, though he did have a few stoppage wins on his resume...

It wasn’t until he was a few fights deep in the UFC that he began actually putting people away with single strikes...

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

ImpartialClearcutBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

QuestionableWeirdGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_mvd414eGgR1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Who called me pillow fisted? Do you know who I am bro? Do you know who Ryoto Machida is? I beat Rich Franklin, BJ Penn AND Stephan Bonnar!

When we still called him “Ryoto,” Machida was regarded as a safe decision fighter that would take very little risks, though he did have a few stoppage wins on his resume...

It wasn’t until he was a few fights deep in the UFC that he began actually putting people away with single strikes...

tumblr_m79qs1u72o1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

ImpartialClearcutBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

QuestionableWeirdGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_mvd414eGgR1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Please explain. How was his punching power when not countering a running opponent? Was he, in addition to being skilled, fast and precise alsl heavy handed? What was up with this man?

Back