Piers Morgan tweets about Fort Hood #2...

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan Apr 3
How many mass shootings have happened without a gun? #TheGunIsTheProblem

Ellie Jane ‏@eljxx Apr 3
@piersmorgan then it wouldn't be a shooting....

I seriously doubt that a cop would ever go on a killing spree at a school that he works at.
Why is that ?
Police are impervious to suffering from mental health illness, or can't possibly have a breakdown ?
I've seen many good officers forced on leave.
Police in elementary schools won't remedy the problem

The first two will be punished accordingly, and the third was a case of mistaken home-defense. The girl lied and said it was an intruder, she didn't say "Daddy, I was banging this guy, it's OK."

Living in a free society requires freedom, and consequences.

So we're all good hear except for the third. Where a young black guy got shot because he may have been reaching for something. Perfect gun abiding society we have here.

Police officers go through extreme screening processes. Any sign of mental illness, suicidal/homicidal ideation,, anything like that and you will be disqualified.

We've had a few bad apples, the black guy in California recently... but shooting up a school they're sworn to protect? I doubt we will ever see that.

Why is that ?
Police are impervious to suffering from mental health illness, or can't possibly have a breakdown ?
I've seen many good officers forced on leave.
Police in elementary schools won't remedy the problem

Link me a story where a police officer shot some kids for no reason at a school.

Nothing.....my point is just because it hasnt happen, doesnt mean it will never happen. The point is the reaction to something like that will only be more guns so we can deal with it better in the future

Yea and you could be struck by lightning on the 14th day of the 6th month at 12 noon while changing a tire on the car you bought at 8am that day, but what are the odds. About the same as a cop going off on the kids he has been protecting.

So we're all good hear except for the third. Where a young black guy got shot because he may have been reaching for something. Perfect gun abiding society we have here.

It's 4 AM, I wake up to noise in my daughters room. To my knowledge, she has no friends over, no boyfriend, etc.

I go investigate, and I find a man in my daughters room - she says she doesn't know him. I tell him, at gun point "Don't move" - he reaches into his pockets.

Yeah, play stupid games - win stupid prizes. Cya bro.

You wouldn't do the same?

Piers Morgan's gonna be butt-hurt for a very long time.

I seriously doubt that a cop would ever go on a killing spree at a school that he works at.
I would have assumed the same of a soldier at his stationed military base, and I would have been wrong. It's a valid point.

I would have assumed the same of a soldier at his stationed military base, and I would have been wrong. It's a valid point.

If we can't trust our police to not murder children they're supposed to be protecting, than who the hell can we trust?

If we can't trust our police to not murder children they're supposed to be protecting, than who the hell can we trust?
If we can't trust our military not to murder their fellow soldiers/citizens, then who in the hell can we trust?

The entire point of the 2nd Amendment is that no one can (or should) be trusted: specifically the government. One must remember that the government- like corporations- are ultimately composed of people. The police are a paramilitary arm of that government. One should not be unduly selective in their application of logic.

It was a terrible idea, but it did delay the inevitable. He managed to create a narrative and get some momentum, imagine his show without him pretending he cares about guns?? It would have been dead in the water from the off.

Did you watch the video? He wouldn't resort to name calling without being passionate about the cause.

How does pushing an agenda immediately equate to false support of said agenda?

You're giving him way too much credit.

well since we made guns illegal we have not had any of the problems you seem to be talking about. in fact the only GUN problems have been criminals shooting other criminals (and the occasional stray bullet)

and your question "Do you or do you not have a right to self defense" well i'm 43 years old and have not needed a gun to defend myself.

now that said, it seems Americans want guns and i'm not in a position to tell you what you should and shouldn't do. just stop the "you need guns to defend yourself" crap....because that is just a lie.

The same here in Britain. Gun crime is just something you pretty much don't have to worry about.

I think it's probably got something to do with the fact that there aren't more guns than people here, but I could just be talking crazy.

The same here in Britain. Gun crime is just something you pretty much don't have to worry about.

I think it's probably got something to do with the fact that there aren't more guns than people here, but I could just be talking crazy.

Your violent crime rate is much higher.

People are at the mercy of bigger, stronger, younger hooligans.

That's not the society I want to live in.

arkansas-gun-sign.jpg

The sign from a private school in Arkansas, in which their school staff is armed.

I have no objections to a weapon in proper, responsible hands being used as a countermeasure in any school. I think the sign alone would be a reasonable deterrent and even make a potential shooter think twice.

That sign would definitely deter potential shooters. That is, it will make them choose an easier target (i.e., a gun free zone).

All they really need to do is arm 1-2 people in the school, and then put that sign up. No more school shootings there, problem solved.

The entire point of the 2nd Amendment is that no one can (or should) be trusted: specifically the government. One must remember that the government- like corporations- are ultimately composed of people. The police are a paramilitary arm of that government. One should not be unduly selective in their application of logic.

This is a very important point most people miss.

If you don't trust people with guns, then the last thing you want is guns in the hands of people who have LEGAL power over you.

You're either anti-gun across the board, or you're pro-gun. At least that's what I think.

Your violent crime rate is much higher.

People are at the mercy of bigger, stronger, younger hooligans.

That's not the society I want to live in.

True, and that's a shitty thing. I still think it's preferable to the alternative, though. I mean, getting beaten up really sucks, but I'll take it over being shot any day.

True, and that's a shitty thing. I still think it's preferable to the alternative, though. I mean, getting beaten up really sucks, but I'll take it over being shot any day.

If you mind your own business in America, your chances of getting shot are pretty low.

If we can't trust our military not to murder their fellow soldiers/citizens, then who in the hell can we trust?

That's true, people are never perfect. I was just pointing out that cops typically aren't murderous psychos. But they never are until something crazy happens.

Back