*PICTURE* Rousimar Palhares Broke His Foot Early In Hector Lombard Fight

Some excuses are legit. Breaking your foot in a fight would certainly affect your performance. And it's not karma, that's what you do in fights, try to beat your opponent - whether that be by KO/TKO, decision, or submission.

This is why I could never be a professional fighter. If I broke my foot in the middle of a match, there's no way I'd be able to keep myself composed and defend against an onslaught from the likes of Hector Lombard.

I'd be freaking the fuck out.

That's what you get when you kick with the force of the Hulk, but only have human bones

382113_568251016524361_855706816_n.jpg

Paul Harris couldn't even last a round against Hector, Boetsch went nearly two rounds with Hector with a broken foot. Pat Barry broke both hand and foot and continued in one of his fights. TeHuna fought three rounds with a broken hand and foot, Manny Rodriguez won on a broken leg on TUF.

From his Facebook page:

My friends, I wanted to thank you all for every support and positive message ... this energy from you guys has no price!
I couldn't talk to you guys here before, because since the end of fight I was taken care of my foot in the hospital.
Unfortunately I broke my foot, when I was giving a kick early in the round.
I can only thank all the @UFC staff that is giving me all the medical support here, along with my BTT team
I love Australia, but I hope to be back to Brazil soon, and get me recovery, as you guys know I hate had to run out of training.

Does not sound like an excuse to me. You guys are ridiculous.

Damn sorry to hear, would be hard to shoot with a broken foot.

Get well soon, hope he gets a leg next fight

Some excuses are legit. Breaking your foot in a fight would certainly affect your performance. And it's not karma, that's what you do in fights, try to beat your opponent - whether that be by KO/TKO, decision, or submission.

Things that happens in the fight which are a direct consequence of your actions, and aren't freak accidents, are not really good excuses. If you kick someones leg, you risk hurting your own leg if you don't hit it correctly/your opponent checks it. It's on you.

That sucks but I don't think he would have beat Hector. This should guarantee he doesn't get cut though

looks like homie's parked in a wheelchair. i remember when men were men & getting around on a broken foot meant crutches or a sick gangsta limp.

I bet that feels real good to walk on

:eek:

Things that happens in the fight which are a direct consequence of your actions, and aren't freak accidents, are not really good excuses. If you kick someones leg, you risk hurting your own leg if you don't hit it correctly/your opponent checks it. It's on you.

you are the type of person who thinks they are really smart, but you just come off as a **** most of the time.

i give palhares credit the lombard fight was a bad matchup for him. if he truely did break his foot then he had really no chance to defeat hector.

Back